Post Date: 01/09/2020
Close Date: 01/23/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for Two (2) IT Project Coordinators to join an excellent team, contribute to exciting projects and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As an IT Project Coordinator, you will support one or more projects within the Project Solutions team. You will coordinate multiple projects or parts of large projects depending on scope and complexity.
In this role, you will have frequent contact with stakeholders and internal staff to provide project progress, monitor work, resolve issues, gain commitment, and collaborate to achieve project objectives. You will work closely with the project manager responsible for projects assigned and in collaboration with project staff.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Three (3) years of technical-level experience related to Project Management. OR (b) An Oregon Project Management Associate Certification AND Two (2) years of technical-level experience related to Project Management. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or a closely related field. OR (d) A Project Management Professional Certification award by the Project Management Institute.
• Hands-on progressively responsible experience managing technology projects.
• Ability to follow industry standards, particularly PMI (PMBOK).
• At least one year of experience using Microsoft Project Schedule to create and manage fully loaded project schedules and outline project work efforts.
• Demonstrated skill in coordinating project activities through the various lifecycle phases (initiating, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing).
• Experience in project management practices with an ability to contribute and make updates to fundamental project artifacts (project charters, schedules, plans, issues and risk logs, and status reports).
• Experience with Federal and State compliance reporting (Advanced Planning Documents, Project Closure, State CIO, Legislative and other Federal partner reporting).
• Proficiency in facilitating meetings and conversations with an ability to articulate expected outcomes.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Experience using Microsoft SharePoint.
• Experience using Microsoft Visio.
• Additional skills and experience in the following areas:
o Leading meetings to gather input and/or explain goals, processes, plans, and status.
o Reviewing project deliverables.
o Verifying that project artifacts are completed as scheduled.
o Reporting project status to appropriate stakeholders.
o Stakeholder management in a complex environment with interdependent decisions.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.