Post Date: 10/08/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Marketing and Communications Manager
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1136
Are you a marketing whiz with a passion for branding and nonprofit work? Do people describe you as strategic, creative, and tech savvy? If that’s a yes, come join our vibrant team! In the Development Department we have fun, work hard, and make a difference every day.
The Marketing and Communications Manager supports the agency through branding, marketing, and strategic communications to support organizational outreach and fundraising activities. The Marketing and Communications Manager, in conjunction with the Director of Development and Planned Giving, is responsible for developing and executing marketing and design projects, content creation (including effective storytelling, writing copy, and editing for print and digital channels), and brand development.
A successful candidate must have prior experience with marketing and communications, advanced writing and editing skills, and a strong sense of design. They must also be able to maintain confidentiality with donor and prospect information, communicate effectively with internal and external constituents, and be able to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously with some supervision, including prioritizing, organizing tasks, and bringing projects to timely completion.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Collaborate with Morrison programs and departments to create impact stories and engaging content for use on multiple channels.
• Write, edit, design (and/or work with external designers) compelling information brochures and collateral for Morrison’s programs and the fundraising department in accordance with Morrison’s brand guidelines.
• Manage website content in Wordpress, working with external developers as necessary.
• Create and enact successful corporate event-sponsor recognition campaigns through print, web, and social media; and Manage daily operations and monitoring of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Create content for monthly agency newsletter in Constant Contact; manage subscribers.
• Utilize web/social/email analytics tools and platforms to interpret the efficacy of digital content postings and make adjustments, as necessary.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor (4-year) degree.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with strategic messaging, marketing, and branding. Must have a portfolio of relevant marketing projects.
• Professional social media content-generation experience.
• Competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign).
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Knowledge of non-profit organizations.
• Basic video-editing skills a plus.
• Bilingual in the Spanish Language, written, spoken and read.
• Must pass DHS criminal history background check
• Meets agency driving requirements
• May occasionally work outside of regularly scheduled business hours
Starting Pay Range:
Marketing and Communications Manager: $27.40 - $29.18
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through an alternate website without enabled links, please visit:
https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Marketing and Communications Manager” and click: “Apply for Job”
We want to get to know you! Please tell us about yourself in a cover letter; and provide materials (portfolio and writing sample) which demonstrates your skills with the following: storytelling, copywriting and editing background in print and digital channels.
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/marketing-and-communications-manager/