Post Date: 12/05/2018
Close Date: 12/25/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Systems Analyst, you will primarily support systems for the OHA Public Health Center for Practice. You will do so by administering and supporting mission critical commercial off the shelf applications, establishing and documenting step by step testing procedures, developing and scripting automated software tests, executing software releases, and writing reports using agency approved reporting software.
You will also have regular, about half time "helpdesk" contact with system users to help them use the applications, address issues and discuss general questions over the phone, in person and via other remote tools.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are interested in becoming our new Systems Analyst, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Portland at 800 NE Oregon Street.
(a) Three (3) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
• Experience or ability to learn how to support Center for Health Statistics applications remotely and over the phone.
• Ability to configuring and support server software products.
• Ability to form a working knowledge of SQL, SSIS and SQL reporting tools such as SSRS or Crystal Reports.
• Ability to learn, understand and use the agreed to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to resolve system end user issues remotely.
• Skill in troubleshooting and technical problem solving.
• Knowledge of software development technology stacks such as Windows OS, IIS, Apache, JIRA, SVN, SQL Server and/or Sybase.
• Knowledge in the following areas:
o Systems components and capabilities
o Information systems operating software and operating system language.
o Web application usage and support.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness take on multiple competing priorities.
• Willingness to participate in continuing skills training and education programs as needed.
• Willingness to promote a culturally competent and diverse work environment.