Post Date: 05/05/2020
Close Date: 05/31/2020
Residential Security Specialist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1198
The Residential Security Specialist works a fixed post position in the Facility Central Control Area of the program. Responsible for duties associated with the safety and security of residents and staff and assists Milieu Counselors with some clerical aspects. This position will work in a residential facility which provides behavioral health services to boys and girls ranging from 11 – 17 years in age.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensures the safety of the youth and staff within the facility, efficiently communicates with on duty staff regarding youth, may assign staff to areas of need as necessary; maintains informed of youth run risk levels and safety plans.
• Maintain safety and security of the physical infrastructure by performing routine and random security duties.
• Operates communication equipment including closed circuit video, staff radios, and maintains surveillance of all occupied areas.
• Maintains Daily Activity Communication Log, Shift Summary and other required documentation.
The ideal candidates will understand the importance program policy and procedure, including the importance of safety and security in a residential setting. They will communicate effectively with the youth, in a tactful and thoughtful manner. The ability to maintain composure during stressful situations is crucial competency in this position.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
• High School or equivalent Diploma
• At least one year of experience working with youth, preferably in a monitored or highly secured, residential facility OR have a least 6 months experience as a Morrison Milieu Counselor
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Experience working in a secure center setting or loss prevention
• Criminal justice coursework
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Must remain awake during shift
• CPR/First Aid certification within 30 days of hire and kept current
• May work outside normal shift hours based on agency needs
Starting Pay Range:
Residential Security Specialist: $16.38 - $17.42
Residential Security Specialist (Bilingual): $17.85 -$18.99
$1/hr for overnight shift differential! Applies to hours worked between 11:30pm-7:00am
***must work at least three hours during 11:30pm-7:00am, time-frame to receive differential.
$1/hr for swing shift differential! Applies to hours worked between 3:00pm-11:00pm
***must work at least three hours during 3:00pm-11:00pm, time-frame to receive differential.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through a website without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Residential Security Specialist” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Residential Security Specialist
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We'll keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/residential-security-specialist-2/