Post Date: 03/06/2019
Close Date: 03/16/2019
Salary: $15.00 hourly
The Intern Cohort Coordinator will be exposed to learning opportunities at the intersection where regional government, public service and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) meet.
This internship provides first-hand exposure to careers in regional government, project management and event planning. Facilitated through working in an office environment, this person will collaborate with and learn from staff throughout Metro and will serve as the primary coordinator for all Metro interns. Through this experience, the Intern will refine time management, research and administrative skills, and projects that will provide exposure to and develop skills in Human Resources and DEI concepts and programming. Primarily these projects will come through coordination and leadership of the intern cohort.
Duration: mid March through early September
Schedule: Flexible, days Monday – Friday, April– mid May minimal hours 10-15 hours per week; with an increase for the summer months. June – early September potential of 20-35 hours per week. Please save the date, interviews will be conducted on March 29th, 2019.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Coordinates activities for the cohort of summer interns across the agency:
o Establishes regular communications among the group.
o Coordinates activities for the interns here this summer; including but not limited to tours of Metro facilities, lunch and learns, and orientation.
o Writes and prepares weekly stories about the interns in Metro's agency email newsletter.
o Coordinates a final project and celebration for all the interns.
• Learn about areas of DEI and Human Resources.
• More opportunities may be provided; based on the skills and desires shown of the intern.
• High School GED or Diploma
• 1 year of coordination experience
Additional experience, knowledge and skills that would make you successful in this internship
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Work autonomously, collaboratively and be adaptable to new circumstances.
• Passion to learn more about in Event Planning, Human Resources, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and coordination.
• Set appropriate priorities to accomplish multiple goals on time.
• Some experience performing in depth and complex research for project based work.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer