Post Date: 12/10/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
The responsibilities will include a variety of general, cash management/treasury or cost accounting activities and functions such as financial statement preparation, account, bank and report reconciliations and analysis, development of desktop procedures, and participation in the development, maintenance and analysis of Company budgets, forecasts, cost data and operating plans.
Skills & abilities needed for success:
• Ability to think analytically and to make sound judgments from analysis.
• Ability to plan and organize own work.
• Ability to work flexible hours during periods of heavy workloads.
• Thorough knowledge of PC and mainframe software and systems as currently used by the Company.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of staff and management.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with stakeholders.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Accountant II:
Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of accounting knowledge in the following areas:
• Financial Reporting and General Accounting: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) for Health Care Service Contractors and Health Maintenance Organizations as promulgated by the NAIC.
Ability to problem solve questions related to assigned functions (including proposed answers).
Additional Minimum Requirements for Accountant III:
• Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of in-depth accounting knowledge.
• Leadership abilities in a project setting and cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize own work, projects and the work of others in the department, with minimal supervision.
• Ability to research and prepare ad-hoc reports.
• Ability to research and report accounting guidance (existing and new transactions/guidance).
Additional Minimum Requirements for Accountant IV:
• Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis and contract administration, including such areas as budgets, forecasting, internal controls and treasury management.
• Proficiency in drafting professional research papers on major company transactions based on applicable accounting guidance.
• Ability to provide in-depth trend analysis on major operating accounts.
• Leadership abilities such as managing projects, training staff, and leading cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated success to work independently on complex, ad hoc projects for the department.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
The Accountant I will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Accountant II will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
The Accountant III will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
The Accountant IV will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 5+ years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
Please apply online at https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25109/staff-accountant/job.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Complete details: https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/25109/staff-accountant/job