Post Date: 09/30/2019
Close Date: 10/17/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent classified Communications Consultant 2 (Digital Marketing Specialist). This position works under the supervision of the Chief Communications Officer. Communications and Marketing provides for the internal communications and promotion needs of the college community to help support students and staff. It creates marketing campaigns out in the community to recruit new students to Clark College focused on strategic priorities and programs that highlight Clark College. The Communications Consultant 2 (Digital Marketing Specialist) is a key resource to developing marketing plans and strategies using the digital marketplace and space.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Monitor and maintain the college’s primary and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked In and works with the Senior Communications Specialist to resolve issues and find solutions.
• Assist and provide recommendations in the creation and implementation of social media strategic plan, collaborating with the team in making recommendations to Chief Communications Officer.
• Assist and provide recommendations in the development and implementation of paid digital marketing plan.
• Stay up-to-date on new developments in digital marketing and social media.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: Associate degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
• Work Experience: Two years' experience working in social media, digital marketing. Up to one year of experience can be substituted with additional education in a related field.
• Technical Experience: Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in creating multimedia communications. Thorough knowledge of current social media platforms and best practices. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite. Advanced writing skills including thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, composition, style and usage, and Associated Press (AP) Style.
• Team Skills: Demonstrated success and willingness to participate in a team environment. Ability to work across multiple teams and with diverse team members.
• Customer Service Skills: Ability to provide excellent customer service that consistently meets or exceeds the needs of customers and clients.
• Communication Skills: Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively on a team, anticipating needs and setting priorities to ensure that deadlines are met, while maintaining a positive culture that reflects the overall values of the organization. Ability to connect with diverse audiences and respect cultural differences.
• Problem Solving Skills: Ability and willingness to seek/offer appropriate assistance in order to solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
• Self-directed and ability to work independently. Work requires a high level of project management skills and independent drive. Ability to work quickly, accurately and thoroughly; and to establish and meet deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions and sometimes tight timelines.
• Organizational Skills: Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and follow-through.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.
• Professional-level competency with multimedia production, including video, photography, and graphic design.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Willingness to work outside of normal work schedule on occasion to solve problems or assist with department initiatives.
• Willingness to periodically travel between college main campus and satellite facilities.
• Willingness to travel within the State of Washington and nationally to attend meetings, training sessions, and conferences for a period of up to five days.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $3,488/month Range: 47 Code: 197J
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., October 17, 2019.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• 3-5 writing samples
• Link to a social media account that applicant has administered
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
September 27, 2019