Post Date: 03/11/2020
Close Date: 04/15/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join an excellent team, provide top-notch project leadership and work to advance their IT operations.
This position is under the classification Information Systems Specialist 8.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will manage the Public Employee and Oregon Employee Benefit (PEBB/OEBB) management system modernization project. This project will replace two aging benefits management systems with a single modern system that supports delivery of required functionality, in order to meet legislative requirements.
In this role, you will lead the effort to evaluate technical and business sustainability of the current PEBB/OEBB systems in use and determine to what extent the system can be upgraded or replaced to meet long term sustainability, lowered technical debt, decreased cost expenditures and increased efficiency.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Experience managing large complex multi-million dollar IT projects.
• Experience managing Software Development Projects.
• Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• 5 years of Project Management experience in the last 7 years using structured project management methodologies and industry standard project management best practices.
• Ability to apply IT project management knowledge in ambiguous and unique circumstances while managing a cross-functional team with internal matrix resources and external contractors.
• Ability to navigate complex organizations with occasionally loosely defined structure and boundaries.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to recognize and anticipate emerging project risks and business priorities through risk mitigation, contingency plans and communication strategies.
• Demonstrated management experience in project stewardship – i.e. given the constraints and budget, the client's success criteria and expectations are met and project costs are controlled.
• Experience coaching, mentoring and sharing knowledge with less experienced colleagues and team members.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.