Post Date: 06/27/2019
Close Date: 07/19/2019
Exhibit Operations Strategist
$20.87 per hour
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Exhibits Operations Strategist position provides maintenance, repair, upgrades and technical support for OMSI’s permanent exhibits and temporary attractions. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Ability to operate common machine tools to form and finish metal, plastics, wood and other diverse materials.
• Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings and sketch or produce drawings.
• Ability to operate large trucks, utility vans, forklifts, scissor lifts and other exhibit moving equipment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Museum Studies or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum 1 year of coordination and project management skills.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with the public, formal and informal settings.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in repair, maintenance and exhibit fabrication.
• Minimum 2 years’ related technical and customer service management experience.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
• License/certification to operate forklifts up to 5-ton capacity and scissor lifts up to 6’x8’x 38’ reach.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/351341.html.
Position closes July 19, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/351341.html