Post Date: 01/14/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Who We Are:
Oregon Food Bank (OFB) works to eliminate hunger and its root causes... because no one should be hungry. OFB believes that hunger starves the human spirit, that communities thrive when people are nourished, and that everyone deserves healthy and fresh food. OFB helps feed the human spirit of 740,000 people through a food distribution network of 21 regional food banks serving Oregon and Clark County, Washington. OFB also leads statewide efforts to increase resources for hungry families and to eliminate the root causes of hunger through public policy, local food systems work, nutrition and garden education, health care screening and innovative programming.
Oregon Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our organization. Over and above our commitment to non-discrimination, OFB actively seeks to employ members of the community who have experienced poverty or food insecurity and members of historically marginalized groups including racial and ethnic minorities. Please visit our website to read more about our commitment to equity.
The Branches Project and Operations Specialist provides critical capacity around communication, evaluation and data management, and network engagement that support Oregon Food Bank’s efforts to ensure people experiencing food insecurity have consistent and culturally responsive access to food and other resources. The Branches Project and Operations Specialist will maintain timely and consistent processes for compliance assessment of all Network Partners. The Branches Project and Operations Specialist manages the coordination and flow of information and knowledge to and from partners and will coordinate collection, tracking and analysis of partner agency data across a variety of platforms, ensuring database integrity. This role is additionally responsible for cataloguing and analysis of records, will support event logistics and contribute to continual process improvement and general project support for the Branches teams. The position is full-time and based in our Portland, Oregon office.
● Provide support and oversight for various complex, multi-stakeholder processes, projects and events. This may include: managing scheduling and registration, coordinating surveys and organizing survey responses; creating project tools; managing skilled office volunteers; contracting with vendors on printing, rentals, and other logistics.
● Maintain accurate site monitoring schedule - including setting phone appointments and calendaring.
● Oversee accurate records management, documentation, and e-files. Maintain accurate agency records, manage e-filing systems, produce and manage documentation for key processes and activities.
● Coordinate high-volume communication with Network Partners. Produce templates, outlines, letters and mail merges for high volume correspondence. Produce and manage newsletters, contacts lists, and other components of mass communication.
● Act as main point of contact and lead for data collection from OFB Branch Partners – ensure reports are submitted on time and review data for accuracy. Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting around data collection methods and requirements.
● Ensures agency database integrity through regular authentication and process improvement of data entry, agency record upkeep, querying and reporting, and verification of user entries. Develop and deliver database training for new and remote staff.
● Contribute to and monitor constituent records management (CRM) entries to facilitate cross workgroup relationship building and coordinate activities of the compliance and capacity teams.
● Contribute to the Regional Network and Compliance teams to define and build consensus for OFB’s strategic direction and culture; including personal learning to address systemic inequity and its role in food insecurity.
● Other related duties as assigned.
● Minimum of three years or relevant demonstrated success in project support, program coordination and working effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
● Experience supporting collaborative, high functioning teams in a fast paced environment.
● Computer skills and familiarity with software and applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote, Outlook, Skype for Business, Constant Contact, CRM (e.g. HighRise) and GoToMeeting; ability to quickly master new software and online tools.
● Ability to independently manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organization skills.
● Ability to communicate with and engage diverse audiences.
● Written and oral communication skills, including an ability to translate technical information so that it is easy to understand.
● A collaborative and agile approach to work, with a learning orientation. Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
● Proven ability coordinating and supervising volunteers.
● Experience with complex database systems.
● Formal training, certification, and/or specialization in project management.
● Professional or volunteer experience with food banks, food pantries, and/or other hunger relief and anti-hunger organizations.
● Proficiency in a language other than English, bi-lingual and bi-cultural skills strongly preferred.
● Experience in modeling cultural proficiency and demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and social justice.
● Experience working with food insecure populations, communities of color, low-income communities and/or personal experience of food insecurity.
● Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Illustrator).
● Knowledgeable with inventory software such as Primarius or Ceres.
The Fine Print:
Work is performed typically in an office environment, sitting at a computer screen for extended periods with frequent phone use. Operates standard office equipment (computer, copier, folding machine, fax machine, printer) on a daily basis. May lift, move and carry objects 20 to 40 pounds, such as boxes containing office supplies and other materials.