Post Date: 04/11/2019
Close Date: 05/19/2019
Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Services Manager (OPA4)
Close Date: April 28th, 2019
Salary: $5,828 - $8,172
Agency: Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Center for Prevention and Health Promotion (CP&HP) located in Portland, OR is recruiting for an Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Services Manager to manage program activities and priorities related to alcohol and other drug prevention. The Center for Prevention and Health Promotion houses community-oriented preventive clinical and community health services and supports the policy, systems and environmental changes that promote good health. This Center guides and supports healthy communities through data collection, analysis and reporting; by supporting the Governor's priorities around tobacco, obesity and early learning; and health equity by acting as a point of contact with the public health system on substance abuse prevention practices.
What will you do?
As the Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Services Manager, you will carry out the objectives and goals of the agency with relation to alcohol and other drug prevention; manage and ensure alignment of these objectives across the various sections within the Public Health Division that are responsible for this body of work; and ensure coordination and alignment with the broader OHA Behavioral Health Program and the Office of Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment along the substance abuse continuum.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do to promote a healthy Oregon. Do you have experience in public health promotion? Do you have experience developing and implementing population-based health promotion and substance abuse prevention strategies? Do you have a master’s degree in public health or a related field? If so, we encourage you to apply!
What are we looking for?
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public health or a related field plus five years of professional level operations and policy management experience related to public health OR eight years of professional level operations and policy management experience related to public health.
• Preference will be given to applicants with a master’s degree in public health or a related field.
• Experience in population-based health promotion and substance abuse prevention strategies.
• Experience developing and implementing public health prevention and control strategies, methods and techniques in population-level health education and behavior change.
• Experience in community asset and needs assessment, program evaluation, policy development and strategic goal setting.
• Experience in coalition building, community mobilization, media advocacy and social marketing.
• Experience in project management which includes directing, coordinating and reviewing work of staff at all levels.
• Experience navigating federal grant writing and negotiation process.
• Experience advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the “Apply” link below and complete the online application, required cover letter, resume and all supplemental questions.
Complete details: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Portland--Oregon-Street---OHA/Alcohol-and-Other-Drug-Prevention-Services-Manager--Operations-and-Policy-Analyst-4-_REQ-7114