Post Date: 01/20/2020
Close Date: 04/30/2020
Portland General Electric - Wildfire Program Coordinator
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
The Wildfire Program Coordinator will lead the development, implementation and updating of the enterprise-wide wildfire preparedness and mitigation program, strategies and initiatives; establishes a culture of resilience and incident/disaster recovery capability; develops and promulgates emergency preparedness policies, processes and procedures and exercises them to identify improvements; builds and maintains active relationships with business units and external partners to facilitate the wildfire program and initiatives.
What's in it for you? You'll get an opportunity to work on different projects with people from different areas of expertise and build up a wildfire mitigation plan for Portland General Electric. Our ideal candidate will have experience creating, fostering, and maintaining a safety program, along with in depth fire prevention practices. Ideally, you will also have strong change management skills and experience working around utility electrical systems.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree and eight years in emergency management, wildfire management or related field or equivalent experience.
You will also bring these skills:
• In depth experience in fire program management and fire prevention practices. Understanding and experience in working and coordinating with public fire agencies.
• Experience in developing and leading training programs related to wildland fire.
• Excellent human relations, communications and team behavior skills
• Demonstrated ability to independently manage time and work projects effectively, including establishing project goals, tracking status and communicating results/recommendations, with minimal supervision.
• Advanced knowledge of principles, procedures, regulations and techniques of emergency management, disaster response and wildfire management.
• Advanced knowledge of the Incident Command Structure (ICS), National Incident Management System (NIMS) and related emergency management and wildfire mitigation/response standards and procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of risk-mitigation principles and best practices.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application on our website by the posting close date (open until filled). A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact: