Post Date: 06/24/2019
Close Date: 07/25/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for the position of Student Recruiter to support the Automotive Department. This position is a full-time, permanent classified position responsible for developing and implementing a recruiting strategy that will include all activities for potential student lead generation, screening and placement into the automotive programs.
The successful candidate will be professional, have a robust sales background, possess strong written and oral communication skills, relationship management skills, and be able to develop and deliver persuasive presentations to groups of various sizes.
The scope of area for recruiting is approximately a 100-mile radius from campus but will consist primarily of the Vancouver/Portland metro area. The schedule will occasionally include nights and weekends, but rarely is there overnight travel. The average week will be four days of field travel performing school visits and student interviews, and one day doing in-house research, student success and enrollment management, and reporting.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate, track and follow-up on potential leads.
• Screen students for college and dealer success.
• Develop and maintain relationships with local high schools, both with and without current automotive programs.
• Attend recruiting events such as school visits and career fairs, on-campus programs and tours, as well as other events such as Prof-Tech Day, Veterans Affairs, etc.
• Work with department faculty and associated dealerships to develop and implement an annual recruitment plan for the Dealer Ready Automotive programs.
• Work with department faculty to assist with internship placement of screened candidates.
• Coordinate and participate in college efforts related to automotive student recruitment, including college fairs, outreach events and job fairs.
• Assist in retention of current and recruited students.
• Collaborate with key campus stakeholders including advising, financial aid, and enrollment services to ensure effective student matriculation.
• Partner with Communications and Marketing and various dealerships to create publications and maintain website information related to the Dealer Ready Automotive programs.
• Work to achieve and support diversity objectives as established by the college.
• Provide leadership in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values established by the college, furthering goals and strategic initiatives.
• Create a safe, bias-free working environment, which engenders respect for differences.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental examination and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
• Experience: Three years’ commissioned sales experience or equivalent experience in recruiting.
• Computer Skills: Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook, as well as, experience data mining and using various internet tools for student tracking.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse groups and individuals; strong public speaking skills to large and small groups.
• Coordination and Organization Skills: Ability to effectively coordinate activities, services, and schedules to ensure smooth and efficient operation of work with a strong attention to detail.
• Work Independently: Ability to work independently and accomplish duties with limited supervision in a timely manner.
• Valid drivers’ license.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and attention to detail.
• Must possess strong presentation, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Travel: Ability to travel to various recruiting sites daily. Occasional long distances (more than one hour) required.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in the automotive industry and/or demonstrated knowledge of what is required to be successful in today’s repair environment is preferred.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems preferred.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Work as an effective member of the Dealer Ready program team.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $3,105/month Range: 42 Code: 00107I
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been submitted by July 25, 2019.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/student_services/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
June 18, 2019
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php