Post Date: 10/01/2019
Close Date: 10/25/2019
POSITION: Contracts & Procurement Manager
SALARY: $80,897.00 - $126,433.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 10/25/19 05:00 PM
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland is a gateway to the globe, we operate multiple airports, marine terminals and business parks. Our international airport, PDX, is often the first impression people have of Oregon, SW Washington and the incredible City of Portland. The Ports contracts & procurement team is responsible for the activities that include the procurement of materials, supplies, services, equipment, and construction that keep the Port running smoothly.
Successful candidates will bring their strong leadership skills, ability to respond to all protest of specifications and bid awards and all requests for exemptions. They will be able to share and explain procedures, processes and systems that ensure the compliance of all Port procurements and contracts. This person will have strong communication skills, be team-orientated, and have good humor in the workplace, who understands and wholly embraces our commitment to diversity, and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead the professional, technical and supervisory work in the planning, managing and coordinating of Port procurement activities
Set the strategies, goals and manage the operations for the Contracts & Procurement department
Oversight of the procurement of materials, supplies, services, equipment, and construction
Review and approval of all requests for exemption to competitive bidding and conducting associated public hearings
Develop recommendations for procurement policies for Commission approval and implement applicable procedures, processes and systems
Ensure the compliance of all Port procurements and contracts with applicable Port, state, and federal rules, laws and regulations
Lead, mentor, train and coach a team of procurement professionals
Plan and organize own work and the work of others to meet changing priorities and deadlines
Participate on Port process improvement and steering teams
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field desired OR any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the job duties (required)
- 5 or more years of management experience in procurement with inventory management knowledge (required)
- Experience in the application of management principles, practices and employee engagement that leads to achievement of business results
- Professional public procurement management certification (required)
- Advanced knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations and the ability to interpret Oregon Revised Statutes related to public contracts; federal regulations, training design, development, delivery and evaluation
- Experience overseeing and managing department budget
- Project management experience with ability to lead others
- Experience negotiating contract terms and pricing, contract renewals and revisions
- Advanced communication skills, effectively building key partnerships which will influence, inspire and motivate others
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft computer applications, specifically word, excel and outlook.
- Occasional travel to local and regional conferences
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly skilled at organizing workload and prioritizing tasks to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Senior purchasing skills to include project leadership skills with the ability to transfer knowledge to staff in order to meet business objectives and desired results
- Analyze complex financial transactions and communicate technical information
- Advanced skills using spreadsheets for data analysis and reporting
- Experience with developing and conduct training programs
- Shows the utmost respect for others and is a proven team player
- Demonstrate the Port's commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for being inclusive
- Learn and apply applicable rules and regulations with a broad knowledge of administrative procedures and office operations
- Prepare legally defensible documentation
- Work effectively in collaboration with peers and team members
- Maintain professional procurement management certification
Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that he or she needs an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6690
Complete details: https://portofportland.com/Careers