Post Date: 01/10/2019
Close Date: 01/23/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 23, 2019
Please submit a cover letter and resume when you apply for this position.
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
General Line Operating Supervisor R18-716
In this role, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day supervision for Distribution Line Operations crews, ensuring safe work practices in accordance to the PGE Safety Manual, compliance to company construction standards, efficient crew management and consistent policy application within an assigned Line Center.
Top candidates will have:
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an electric utility with a focus on Transmission and Distribution.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Distribution Line Operations including tools and equipment as well as service and installation policies and procedures.
• Comprehensive knowledge of safe construction methods is essential.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Line Operations' crew functions and duties.
• Strong management skills to include employee development and performance management, preferred.
• Working knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
• Working knowledge of planning, organizing, and Line Operations crew functions and duties.
• Working knowledge of company philosophy, policies, practices, goals and objectives
• Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws such as but not limited to: OSHA, DOT, ODOT, NESC, FERC, OPUC
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software and other related programs and system.
• General knowledge of PGE’s geographic area.
• Valid driver’s license with evidence of safe driving habits.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U18-716 by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING