Post Date: 06/30/2020
Close Date: 07/22/2020
The City of Milwaukie is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Planning Manager to help lead an outstanding team of four professional planners. This position is responsible for both current and long-range planning for the City. The Planning Manager will be joining the City at a very exciting time and will lead the implementation of the City’s soon to be adopted Comprehensive Plan. The first phase of Comprehensive Plan implementation includes a major housing code update slated for adoption in the summer of 2021. The housing code update will implement the city’s policies related to housing, including compliance with House Bill 2001, while also considering impacts to the urban forest and parking along with an inclusive civic engagement effort. Also on the horizon are a number of large development proposals that will require complex land use review, as well as City-led active transportation projects. The position also has the primary responsibility for making land use decisions, providing key guidance on all current planning activities and providing guidance to staff on community outreach and engagement. The position also provides professional planning guidance and advice to City officials, and other departments as necessary.
Required Education, Training and Experience
Any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties of this position. Other equivalent combinations of education, training and experience will be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in land use planning, urban planning, landscape architecture or related degree. Master’s degree preferred.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible related experience.
• Fluent in Spanish desirable.
• American Institute of Certified Planners accreditation preferred.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license or an acceptable alternative method of transportation which allows the incumbent to perform the duties of the position.
• Must be able to pass the City’s security clearance standards including review of driving record.
Complete details: https://www.milwaukieoregon.gov/humanresources/job-opportunities