Post Date: 08/08/2019
Close Date: 08/27/2019
We are seeking a highly-qualified candidate to be our next full-time permanent State-Federal Relations Coordinator (Planner 3).
What would you be doing?
You would be implementing the Oregon federal consistency authority. You would interpret and apply the policies, regulations, and standards of the Oregon Coastal Management Program to activities, policies, and programs of federal authority that affect the Oregon Coastal Zone.
Closing Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Time Type: Full-time
Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $4,851 - $7,091 Monthly
If you are interested, please visit the Oregon job opportunities page.
• Must possess a practical understanding, based on work experience or specific academic study, of the roles and responsibilities of local, state, and federal agencies in natural resources management in the coastal environment;
• Familiarity with policies of Oregon's statewide planning program, including the coastal statewide planning goals, the role of local plans and regulations, and the requirements of state agencies that are part of Oregon's networked Coastal Management Program;
• Knowledge of the requirements of the federal Coastal Zone Management Act and familiarity with the Code of Federal Regulations;
• Ability to read carefully, learn about, and think critically in subject areas that may be unfamiliar;
• Ability to clearly and effectively convey complex issues and policies orally and in writing;
• Ability to work in a collaborative process with others from different agencies with different interests.
You will join a team of talented individuals charged with helping communities and citizens plan for, protect, and improve the built and natural systems that provide a high quality of life for all Oregonians. In partnership with citizens and local governments, we foster sustainable and vibrant communities and protect our natural resources legacy. We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, committed to workforce diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, and retain highly skilled and talented individuals across all departments and programs who best reflect the diversity of our region. Please visit http://www.oregon.gov/LCD to learn more about the exciting and rewarding work we do!
If you are not interested, please consider helping us recruit top talent by sharing this opportunity with potential applicants and interested networks.