Post Date: 11/20/2019
Close Date: 12/04/2019
Clackamas County Public Health Division’s Center for Public Health Advancement is seeking a Population Health Epidemiologist to analyze the health status and outcomes of the communities within Clackamas County; to serve as a data consultant to County staff and partners; and to produce reports and publications using visual and mapping software systems to assist partners in improving the community’s health.
The Epidemiologist is responsible for evaluating and analyzing data sources to perform activities related to the surveillance, detection, and prevention of diseases and conditions at the population-based level. This position also provides subject-matter expertise for program areas across the Public Health Division regarding data collection, management, and analysis for projects. Ability to use statistical software packages and geospatial information mapping systems is critical in order to analyze disease or health outcome data.
Epidemiological findings are summarized in reports, as well as through formal and informal presentations for dissemination to a variety of audiences.
The Population Health Epidemiologist also trains for and responds to public health emergencies in assigned duty areas to support public and environmental health emergency functions.
Clackamas County is committed to building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. In that spirit, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Master’s degree from an accredited school of Public Health, with an emphasis in epidemiology or biostatistics and additional completed coursework in research methodology, behavioral science, environmental sciences, survey methodology, and/or health services administration
• Experience in applied epidemiology, and research in a public health environment Proficient in a statistical software package, such as Statistical Analysis System (SAS) Proficient in geospatial mapping systems, such as ArcGIS
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Experience preparing clear and concise report
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and local statutes applicable to control of preventable diseases
• Experience developing and implementing strategic public health surveillance and data collection systems
• Experience planning, exercising or responding to public health emergencies
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
• The salary range is $63,359 - $80,254 Annually
• This position is included in the County’s alternate workweek program, working 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Thursday (Fridays off). Specific hours will be discussed at time of selection.
• Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits after two months of continuous employment.
THE FLEXIBLE BENEFITS PROGRAM OFFERS:
• A Choice of Dental Plans and Medical Plans with Vision & Prescription Drug Coverage
• A Choice of Full Benefits or Lesser Benefits with Flex Cash
• Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
• Paid Leave: (Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave)
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance with Optional Salary Buy-Up Program
• Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
• Optional Group Universal Life Insurance; Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance; Long Term Care Insurance; Voluntary Benefits through AFLAC, Liberty Mutual and Hyatt Legal
• Retirement: PERS/OPSRP Retirement Contributions Clackamas County contributes to member’s pension share account as well as picks up the 6% contribution to the Individual Account Program (IAP).
• Optional Deferred Compensation (457)
• Longevity Pay
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
• Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
• This position closes December 4, 2019.
Complete details: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=105289&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant