Post Date: 11/19/2019
Close Date: 12/22/2019
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week. The incumbent will work Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday with the Gresham Police from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, and will work Wednesday and Sunday with Cascadia's Project Respond team, variable shifts.
The Crisis Counselor III for Gresham Police MHT provides mobile crisis response, risk assessment and crisis stabilization planning for adults, children and families within the city of Gresham. This position works as part of a team within Gresham Police and approaches work with people from a trauma-informed, strength-based, perspective and works in concert with programs in Multnomah County’s Acute Care Continuum. The Mental Health Team Clinician position works collaboratively with mental health and physical health care providers, police agencies, emergency departments, school personnel, and other social service agencies to assure the best possible treatment for clients.
- Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate the competencies as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP).
Equivalent combination of education/experience preferably in a non-profit organization preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM criteria
- Advanced knowledge of risk assessment and crisis intervention
- Understand evidence-based practices, and strength-based case management philosophies and strategies including trauma-informed care
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Must pass Gresham Police background check.
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course. This position requires the ability to drive a personal or company vehicle for the completion of work duties.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)