Post Date: 05/28/2019
Close Date: 06/14/2019
Who you are…
You are a proven multi-tasking Sr Administrative Assistant with experience supporting Sr Managers in a fast-paced corporate environment. Your administrative, organizational, and exceptional written communication skills set you apart from others in your field. You are the respected “go-to” person on the team and possess top-quality event planning experience that you have handled with ease.
About this role…
As a Sr Administrative Assistant, you will provide high-level administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Engineering Operations and the Teams they oversee. In this role, you will regularly interface with the Leadership team and others across the organization, including partners, vendors and external contactors. In addition, you will regularly interact with confidential and sensitive information and situations. This position is located at our downtown Portland headquarters with access to free parking or a free pass for public transportation.
Your next challenge…
• Coordinate and schedule meetings with staff, partners, vendors and business partners; maintain Manager’s calendar
• Monitor and respond to the Manager’s emails and other correspondence as directed
• Maintain detailed records of contacts with staff, partners, vendors and business partners
• Assist Manager in monitoring internal and external commitments; help to organize the flow of work by importance and deadline; provide updates of upcoming commitments and responsibilities;
• Prepare a variety of presentations and reports using MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio to clearly and creatively display information; may perform research to assist with preparing reports
• Coordinate small and large group meetings, events, training sessions and workshops, including scheduling, preparing materials, handling logistics, catering, and providing needed day-of support.
• Coordinate travel arrangements for the team and prepare itineraries
• Write correspondence and other materials for external and internal distribution
• Arrange conference calls, prepare agendas and materials, and facilitate technology for internal and external meetings, including team meetings
• Provide administrative support and event planning for additional organizational meetings and initiatives as requested (Executive retreats, organizational celebrations, orientations, benefit fairs, learning events, blood drives, flu shot clinics, etc.)
• Attend in-office meetings as appropriate, prepare minutes and follow up as needed
• Facilitate adherence to internal processes such as expense reports, team P-card reconciliation, procurement, meeting set-up and clean-up protocol, catering, and travel
• Coordinate production and disbursement of Rewards and Recognition program and Anniversary Service Awards
• Maintain organizational processes and systems such as electronic and hard-copy filing systems, databases, templates, forms and other tools that increase work efficiency
Traits for success…
• Strong commitment to providing outstanding support and service to Manager, team and staff
• Proven ability to use a high level of discretion and good judgment when handling confidential and/or sensitive information
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail
• Excellent project management abilities
• Ability to quickly shift priorities with sense of urgency
• Self-starter with low ego needs; can handle difficult situations in a calm manner
• Superior Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) skills, and use of the Internet and databases
Education and experience…
Bachelor’s degree preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and, at minimum, 4 years of applicable experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15%contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Please apply online at www.nwea.org/careers to Job ID 336 or Use the link provided to the job posting.