Post Date: 05/02/2019
Close Date: 06/24/2019
Job Title: Summer Teacher Assistant
Salary Range: $14-$17 DOE
Hours: Part time nonexempt – June 27- Aug 2 9:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thurs
Department: School Age Program – Hayhurst Connect
Closing Date: Open until Filled
This program is located at Stephens Creek Crossing in Southwest Portland and helps to prevent the summer educational drag by providing literacy and math support to students entering 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grades. Teachers will facilitate learning through hands on projects and community involvement. Teachers will also help support students in developing social-emotional and friendship skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Execute math, reading, writing lessons and enrichment activities to provide effective and targeted small group instruction.
• Regularly evaluate, monitor, and report on student progress, modifying instruction as appropriate based on results.
• Act as a positive role model to youth.
• Enforce program's behavioral expectations and follow through with proper student behavior management.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualified candidates will have:
• At least one year in a classroom setting with elementary age students (work with high behavioral needs preferred)
• Strong classroom management skills.
• Desire and ability to work with children and ensure an enriching, positive, safe setting.
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Reliable transportation
For Immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please send resume as an attachment. Links will not be accepted
Complete details: http://nhpdx.org/WhoWeAre/careers.html