Post Date: 07/19/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are hiring an experienced full-time Medical Receptionist to support the team at our LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health, http://www.prismhealth.org. Prism Health offers a safe, affirming, and non-judgmental space where all members of the LGBTQ+ community can obtain compassionate and culturally affirming primary care.
The Medical Receptionist at Prism Health is often the first face that patients see when they arrive. As such, the Medical Receptionist is charged with being a “face” of Prism Health and representing the health center in a positive and affirming manner, providing high quality customer service both in person and over the phone. Under direction of the Clinic Manager, and in partnership with the Patient Services Coordinator, the Medical Receptionist performs a variety of tasks at Prism Health. Essential duties include providing excellent patient service via phone and in person, scheduling appointments for patients, registering patients and verifying insurance information, taking patient messages and routing them appropriately, as well as being the first point-of-contact for patients and guests when they arrive at Prism Health.
The Medical Receptionist is a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and support staff. The Medical Receptionist must work collaboratively with all staff in support of high-quality patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a warm, compassionate attitude. This position must exemplify the core values and mission of Prism Health, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient and staff interactions – specifically, being mindful of verbiage, names, and pronouns used when communicating with patients and guests.
This full-time position reports to the Clinic Manager and will work at Prism Health, in SE Portland. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Graduation from high school or equivalent plus one year of medical receptionist experience in comparable health care setting.
• Intermediate to advanced phone skills, able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of patients/clients/visitors/guests in a manner that is efficient and professional.
• Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality, able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
• Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact, use appropriate pronouns and preferred names when addressing patients, excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills, cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
• Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the health center, both in the moment and as approved by the Clinic Manager and leadership.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English; Additional language abilities desirable.
• Demonstrable and consistent capability with basic math and modern office and computer procedures.
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
• Understands a trauma-informed approach to clinic and professional environments, and is able to respond to patients with a wide range of needs.
• Prior administrative or clerical experience in clinical or community-based setting.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish, ASL, and/or other languages
• Basic to intermediate Epic knowledge and skills, particular with front desk functions.
• Experiencing working with the LGBTQ+ community, or other under-served populations
Compensation: $18.255 hourly, employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Applications will first be reviewed starting Wednesday, July 31st.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Medical Receptionist Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/