Post Date: 08/13/2019
Close Date: 09/13/2019
31555.00 To 46216.00 (USD) Annually
A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Support the Fiscal Department with day-to-day functions by performing entry-level accounting and clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, monthly billing, preparing reports, fielding communications with vendors, fact-checking, filing, and other duties as needed.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
· Process corporate and property accounts payable;
· Process corporate and property check payments;
· Intercompany reconciliations and reporting;
· Assist with the corporate billing, including fees and commercial rent;
· Process employee expense reports, verifying accuracy and completeness;
· Deposit check and money orders using an electronic bank scanner system;
· Process corporate credit card submissions, verifying the accuracy and completeness;
· Assist with the annual reporting (specifically, 1099 filing and unclaimed property) as needed;
· Communications with vendors and staff regarding payment timing and status;
· Report any violation of internal control policies;
· Filing of paid invoices and other accounting documents;
· Request and process Form W-9 from new vendors;
· Assist with other accounting projects as needed.
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Scope and Accountability:
· Incumbent's decisions and actions minimally impact the company's revenue or operations. Decisions and actions may have a minimal impact on reputation, and/or customer satisfaction.
· Decisions are made within established organizational guidelines with occasional variation from the norm.
· Work under established guidelines and controls, including …Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley and other local and national government regulations, including transportation, environmental, and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), Financial Accounting Standards Board, inter-company procedures, REACH’s Audit Policies and Procedures and REACH’s Code of Business Ethics.
Job is not supervisory in nature
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and practices
· Possess both mathematical and analytical skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Possess a working knowledge of accounting and property management software
· Possess the ability to multi-task and work independently
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Education and/or Experience
· Associate degree specializing in accounting or related field; or equivalent accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred
· Experience in similar setting preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Complete details: https://reachcdc.org/reach/careers