Post Date: 07/15/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
Close Date: Open Until Filled
***Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume to their application in order to be considered for this opportunity.***
TITLE: Housing Services Screening and Linkage to Care Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Clinic
LOCATION: Central City Concern
SALARY: $19.00-$20.90 Hourly
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
SUMMARY: Central City Concern (CCC) is a multi-faceted social service agency whose mission is to help vulnerable populations to end or avoid homelessness and build healthy, housed, resilient, and engaged lives.
This position will be part of a new community-driven HCV, HBV, and HIV screening and linkage-to-care project in multiple traditional and non-traditional settings within CCC services. The central goal of this intervention is to develop a sustainable case finding system for our emerging services-wide HCV elimination project. The Housing Services Screening and Linkage-to-care Specialist (SLCS) will be responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of HIV/HCV/HBV screening and linkage to care interventions across CCC Housing Services.
1. Minimum of two years of experience working in community health or one year experience working in community health combined with a Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services field (social work, public or community health, psychology) or related field.
2. Minimum of one year experience working with homeless, low-income, or other vulnerable populations in a supportive role or at least one year experience working people living with HCV/HBV/HIV.
3. Strong cultural awareness of people who use drugs and how this may affect or influence service delivery.
4. Preferred experience: Previous experience conducting HIV and/or Hepatitis counseling and testing, including phlebotomy.
5. Preferred experience: Personal experience with substance use and/or HCV/HBV/HIV
6. Bi-lingual speaker of Spanish preferred
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently with accountability; exercise sound judgment, discretion, and professionalism at all times.
8. Has the competencies necessary to:
a. Deliver exemplary written and oral communication;
b. Understand healthcare related terminology;
c. Provide outreach, engagement and supportive services
9. Exemplary skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, preferred.
10. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
11. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform duties.
12. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB Test and background check.
13. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in a program of recovery and able to provide demonstration of sobriety for a minimum of two years.
14. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects and climb stairs.
15. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
16. Will be required to carry a cell phone for work use. Cell phone to be provided by Central City Concern.
17. Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training and an annual recertification training.
18. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs