Post Date: 09/03/2019
Close Date: 09/20/2019
About This Role…
This position is responsible for managing the staff and daily operations of Tier 1 Technical Support, Tier 2 Technical Support and Sr. Technical Support teams.
Your Next Challenge…
• Managing the staff and daily operations of the Tier 1 Technical Support, Tier 2 Technical Support and Sr. Technical Support teams
• Participate in strategic planning; assist in the development of the Partner Support budget
• Optimize use of Partner Support resources including personnel and intellectual property
• Recruit, interview, make hiring/termination decisions and provide employee coaching
• Create, report on, and evaluate metrics to inform service quality and personnel performance
• Develop and influence requirements for processes, procedures, and tools to ensure high quality, cost-effective service delivery
• Assist in the creation and review of Partner Support content for RFPs
• Represent Partner Support’s point of view in product and service decisions and in partner-facing meetings
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
Your Skills & Abilities…
• Ability to lead and align the work of the Partner Support teams in support of NWEA’s mission and organizational goals
• Ability to develop processes and procedures, assess their effectiveness and adjust as needed
• Ability to identify barriers to quality services and delivery; propose and implement solutions
• Ability to lead the work and individual development of direct reports
• Ability to work independently as well as a contributing team member with few ego needs
• Solid understanding of, and experience with, NWEA's products and services
• Solid understanding of the education environment
• Exceptional skills in partnering with partners and staff and in developing and maintaining long term supportive relationships
• Ability to assess the effectiveness of processes and procedures and recommend improvements
• Willingness to accept coaching to remove barriers to effective working relationships
Your Education & Background…
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field desired. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
Three to five years increasing responsibility managing personnel in a service environment.
About the Partner Support Team…
The Partner Support team provides knowledgeable, courteous, responsive, partner-focused services designed to support the use and understanding of NWEA’s products and services. The teams consist of Tier 1 Technical Support, Tier 2 Technical Support, Sr. Technical Support and Technical Services.
These teams deliver support services for NWEA’s full product line across multiple market segments. These teams are responsible for managing high risk, tightly time-bound activities to assure that all students are rostered into NWEA’s products in a way that will accommodate successful testing and a reporting outcome consistent with the requirements of each partner. The teams develop and deliver technical training via web and onsite delivery for partners and internal staff. The teams are responsible for documenting all service transactions, creating and maintaining the support knowledge base and partner support website, representing the partner’s voice in product and service decisions and supporting the RFP process.
Who We Are…
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries.