Post Date: 08/09/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Sustainability Analyst - Sylvania Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09458
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 3, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $44,448/yr to $47,615/yr. based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Full 2017/18 Salary Range is $44,448 to $77,071.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Portland Community College is recruiting for an enthusiastic, analytically-minded individual to join the college's district sustainability team and advance the department's important work. Under the direction of the Sustainability Manager, the Sustainability Analyst collects data and performs statistical analysis of sustainability indicators for current programs to determine their effectiveness and progress toward stated objectives. The position supports department leadership in researching new and proposed programs, projecting sustainability outcomes and determining overall program feasibility. The Sustainability Analyst reports results to varied audiences and represents the college and program at events, conferences and meetings. This position also assists the Sustainability Manager with a variety of district-wide projects and programs and plays a leadership role in implementing future initiatives in line with the college's Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan. The ideal candidate should be passionate about the college's mission of equitable student success and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion through all college programming.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs statistical analysis of PCC's Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions and other sustainability indicators. Researches, analyzes and collects data from a variety of sources internal and external to the college. May engage PCC students to assist with the data collection process.
2. Develops, maintains and tracks various sustainability indicators, such as GHG emissions and Sustainability Tracking and Assessment Rating System (STARS), to ensure PCC's progress in sustainability. Utilizes the College's utility management system for sustainability tracking purposes.
3. Writes reports describing findings, recommendations and overall impacts. Identifies areas for improvement, develops recommendations for follow-up action and researches potential resources. Presents information to internal and external audiences.
4. Conducts studies and evaluates how the overall behaviors of the PCC community affect sustainability indicators, including studying how goods and services are purchased and transportation methods students and staff utilize to arrive at campus.
5.Assesses and assists with the development and implementation of sustainability goals outlined in the college's Climate Action Plan, Strategic Plan and others.
6. Supports outreach efforts to internal and external stakeholders regarding general sustainability information and programming including resource conservation, GHGs reduction and overall sustainability progress.
7.Represents PCC at local and regional events and serves on relevant committees within the College. Supports other sustainability-related programming as needed.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (Note-experience requirements use full-time equivalent):
- Bachelor's degree in an area of Sustainability, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- Demonstrated related professional experience in conducting research, performing statistical analysis, and evaluating environmental issues.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and understanding of sustainability concepts, energy efficiency practices, DEQ Greenhouse reporting protocols, and EPA guidelines.
Demonstrated knowledge in statistical tools and analysis.
Knowledge in various data collection and assessment methodologies.
Ability to organize and maintain complex/technical activities and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Ability to perform analytical-related activities of large amounts of data and identify trends.
Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, within and outside the college district.
Strong skills in MS Excel, Access and Word to combine and analyze large amounts of data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics.
Skill in effectively communicating complex information verbally and in writing.
Skill in analyzing and summarizing data gleamed from a variety of sources and preparing benchmark reports.
Skill in researching and supporting the implementation of state of the art sustainable practices.
Note to Applicants
- For new employees, official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of offer date for all degrees stated in the minimum qualifications.
Please respond to how you meet Preferred Qualifications 1-4 in your "Responses to the Required Questions" document.
1. Demonstrated team player with ability to collaborate and communicate with diverse ethnic and racial groups and among multiple agencies, departments and/or disciplines.
2. Knowledge of and experience using a sustainability data tracking system, such as the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education's Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (AASHE STARS).
3. Knowledge of and experience developing a greenhouse gas inventory.
4. Experience applying knowledge of current sustainability trends, practices and methodologies.
5. Applied experience in research and data collection from a variety of internal and external
sources and analyzing complex data/systems.
6. Demonstrated ability to develop and give effective presentations on complex data that are appropriate to the audience.
7. Experience in project management or certification.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - How do you meet Preferred Qualifications 1-4? -scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1273201
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1273201