Post Date: 02/10/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Are you interested in reuse? Are you committed to keeping good stuff out of our landfills? Are you looking for meaningful work? Would it be even better if that work directly supports local affordable housing?
Do something you can believe in and get paid for too –
Join our amazing ReStore team in Beaverton as a part-time Store Associate!
At our ReStores, we accept donated items which are then sold to the public, becoming a key source of funds in helping us build more Habitat for Humanity homes in the Metro area. There is never a dull day. Building material, furniture, appliances, lighting fixtures, and other home goods are accepted, displayed and/or stocked, and sold at a fraction of regular retail prices.
The Store Associate works with fellow ReStore team members and volunteers to manage all aspects of day-to-day retail operations as needed and directed. A typical shift involves loading and unloading cars and trucks, guiding volunteers, cashiering, and helping customers. ReStore Associates excel when they perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively; use polite and respectful communication; care about the environment; support affordable housing; and value the diversity of our eclectic Habitat ReStore community.
• Train volunteers to complete ReStore tasks and support with reviews and follow-up
• Greet donors and inspect donations; accept items that meet our guidelines and decline those that do not
• Clean and price donations; place priced items on the sales floor
• Clean and organize all store and receiving areas, including break and rest rooms, and outdoor areas
• Greet and assist customers in the store, including loading, measuring and answering questions
• Cashier and manage opening and closing of store
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of senior staff
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment
• Time management, such as managing donation flow urgency
• Use of tools and equipment, including a forklift, pallet jack, and dolly – or willing to learn
• Follow safety requirements and ensure safety requirements are followed by co-workers and volunteers
• Use of communication tools, including a phone system, email, and 2-way radio – or willing to learn
• Adapt to a changing work environment and open to learning new operations skills as program develops
• One year of customer service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment
• This position is very active and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
• The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or load items over 50 pounds with a team left
TYPE AND SCHEDULE
• Part-Time, Non-Exempt
• 20 hours/week
• Flexible schedule with one weekend day required
• $13-$15, commensurate with experience
• Plus benefits including vacation, holidays, matching retirement plan, store discount, and a great team of coworkers!
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a complete application packet to Employment@HabitatPortlandMetro.org with “Store Associate” in the subject line. Application packets must include:
1. A cover letter, including answers to the following questions:
• Why are you interested in this position?
• How have the personal and professional experiences in your life prepared and qualified you for this position?
• How did you hear about this position?
2. A resume, including dates of employment (month and year)
3. Three references, at least two professional
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Complete details: https://habitatportlandmetro.org/about-us/careers/