Post Date: 12/02/2019
Close Date: 01/13/2020
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people living with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community and beyond with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org.
CAP is currently hiring for a Volunteer Resources Coordinator. The Volunteer Resources Coordinator is primarily responsible to recruit volunteers, conduct volunteer interviews and orientations, process volunteer applications, and manage the volunteer data. This role works closely with development staff to determine the number of volunteers and the skills needed to successfully produce the annual CAP Art Auction and AIDS Walk Portland as well as other events. The Volunteer Resources Coordinator will schedule and manage event volunteers and perform related recordkeeping, e.g. track volunteer service; identify new opportunities for volunteers to participate in CAP events and work with agency staff to involve them in event activities. The Volunteer Resources Coordinator works with the Director of Development & Communications to develop, recognize and support volunteers and to ensure the high quality and reputation of the CAP Volunteer Program.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Development and Communications and will work at CAP’s Davis St. office in downtown Portland. Travel throughout the county as well as evening and weekend work are occasionally required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in social services, marketing, public relations, non-profit management or related field or equivalent in experience
• One-year experience in volunteer coordination
• Previous experience supervising volunteers
• Demonstrated successful volunteer recruitment
• Previous experience conducting trainings
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
• Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook), and internet research
• Experience working with Volunteer management software or constituent record management (CRM) systems
• Experience with event-planning
• Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish
• Graphic design experience
Compensation: $42,971 annually depending on experience (DOE) and qualifications, employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
- or –
Cascade AIDS Project
Volunteer Resources Coordinator
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/