Post Date: 08/12/2019
Close Date: 08/23/2019
Deadline to apply: August 23, 2019
Salary: $17.53 hourly
Metro's Scalehouse operations team is pleased to be recruiting for multiple temporary Scalehouse Technicians. This position operates a computerized scaling system and performs cashier duties for commercial and public vehicles delivering solid waste to disposal sites. This position also provides information to the public and enforces Metro policy regarding solid waste disposal. Supervision is received from the Scalehouse Supervisor.
These part-time temporary positions are employed based on a variable work hour schedule. Each position may work up to and not exceed 1,040 hours in a 12 month period. Work locations include Metro Central Station (6161 NW 61st Ave., Portland) and Metro South Station (2001 Washington St., Oregon City).
Multiple part-time positions are available. This is primarily an on-call position with variable work hour. Hours may be scheduled in advance on occasion.
• Your hours will vary based on the needs of the work unit (while remaining under the limit of 1,040 hours in a year). You should be available to work up to 40 hours per week, if needed. Some shifts will be scheduled in advance, but you will also be required to work on an "on-call" basis as needed.
• Shifts can start as early as 6:30 a.m. and can end as late at 7 p.m.
• Some sick time is provided for previously scheduled shifts.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• One year experience in a position working directly with the general public, and
• High school diploma or GED, or
• Any combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
• Must be flexible and available to work at either facility most days and shifts, including weekends and all hours of operation.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs