Post Date: 10/07/2019
Close Date: 10/25/2019
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: Homeownership Program Specialist
Department: Homeownership and Neighborhood Programs
Reports to: Lending and Compliance Manager
Status: Hourly/Full Time
Compensation: $15.00 - $17.00/hr. starting salary range. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; short term disability coverage; employee assistance plan; and matching retirement plan
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East (HFHMPE) revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable homes, and empowers families through successful homeownership. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement and top private homebuilder in the country. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities, the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region.
The Homeownership Program Specialist will work with department staff in a support role. This position will assist with homebuyer/homeowner selection including fielding program inquiries. They will provide administrative support in a number of areas including data entry and communication to homebuyers/homeowners. This position will also assist with the planning and coordination of a number of department events and classes.
Support the Homeownership Program Manager:
• Homebuyer application and selection process, including application processing, document collection, and assisting with coordination of all workshops, trainings and meetings.
• Update application files, spreadsheets and interest forms.
• Update and maintain the homeownership program mailing list.
• Respond to all homeownership program email inquiries in a timely manner.
Support the Home Repair Manager:
• Responding to inquiries from potential program applicants
• Processing applications, including document collection and coordination of meetings
• Program correspondence
Post Purchase and Administrative Support
• Enter purchase information and other data into Salesforce database
• Scan and archive mortgage files
• Collate education program evaluations
• Solicit donations for annual homeowner event
• Mail class invitations and newsletters
• Register class attendees for elective education
• Create and sustain strong working partnerships with other members of the team and contribute to Habitat’s culture of teamwork and collaboration.
• Other duties as assigned by Lending and Compliance Manager.
Required Skills and Experience:
• GED or High School diploma
• One year of experience working with people of low/moderate incomes from diverse backgrounds in a social service or housing organization.
• Commitment to serving families and individuals with low-incomes and advancing the critical call for affordable homeownership.
• Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to think strategically.
• Excel at multi-tasking with various projects and deadlines; attention to detail a must.
• Comfortable working in a collaborative environment, as part of a team as well as independently.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective with diverse audiences.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, open, team-oriented, business casual office.
• Able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Verbal fluency in Vietnamese, Burmese, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, or Amharic.
• Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRMs.
• Knowledge of area social services and community resources.
• Bachelor’s degree
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
• A complete resume, including dates of employment
• A cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
• Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to email@example.com with “Homeownership Program Specialist” in the subject line by Friday October 25, 2019.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
For further information about Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, please visit our website at: http://habitatportlandmetro.org
Complete details: https://habitatportlandmetro.org/about-us/careers/