Post Date: 10/21/2019
Close Date: 11/15/2019
Do you have a passion for contributing your people skills to support non-profit work developing affordable housing and ending homelessness?
Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) seeks a multi-talented individual for the role of Human Resources Generalist. This is a new position for us and the right person will provide leadership to create a clear and concise human resources function.
As we center our work on racial equity, diversity, and inclusion, this position will play a key role in the planning, learning, changing, reviewing, and implementation of our work to become an anti-racist organization, dismantle institutional racism and build strong partnerships with culturally-specific organizations.
The tasks for this position are varied and range from implementing an HRIS system to coaching managers, to running payroll. NHA has a staff of 40 people. This is a 30-40 hour/week exempt position. Starting salary range for this position is $50,000 to $65,000 depending on experience.
Required skills and qualifications for this position include:
- Two to four years progressively responsible human resources generalist experience which provides a broad knowledge base of human resources functions
- Experience promoting racial equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Experience working in an HRIS
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment and payroll laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work using extensive keyboarding, monitor viewing, and other close work
- Ability to pass a background check
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field preferred, or equivalent related work experience
- Understanding of employee benefit models
- Bi-lingual and bi-cultural abilities
About Northwest Housing Alternatives
For over 35 years, Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) has been a leading not-for-profit developer of affordable housing in Oregon. Our mission is to create opportunity through housing by developing, building, and managing rental housing designed for Oregonians with extremely limited incomes. These homes help families live healthy and stable lives, allow older adults to age in place, and give people with special needs a dignified residence. Along with providing affordable housing, NHA provides services that connect tenants to critical health and community resources, work to prevent homelessness before it begins, and offer emergency shelter and services for families experiencing homelessness.
NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and is actively seeking to recruit a diverse applicant pool. We strive to hire a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens everything we do. NHA offers a great work environment having been awarded “100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” again in 2019. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate coworkers.
Please apply online at: https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs/jid/2p4880
NHA provides a full range of benefits including, but not limited to, the following:
Excellent health coverage as well as Alternative Care, Dental, and Vision. NHA Contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents
7% match after the first year of employment for our 403(b) plan with immediate vesting
Generous vacation and sick leave
4 weeks of paid parental leave
Complete details: https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs/jid/2p4880