Post Date: 09/03/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Medical Services Coordinator
Full Time, Full Benefits
Morrison is looking for a Medical Services Coordinator to provide a variety of skilled administrative and client health services to youth served in our Shelter residential program. This includes, medication administration, client health records and appointments, and other client health and administrative responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Coordinates with other staff and service providers to assure provision of health services for clients. Schedules initial medical appointments
•Provides medication administration including medication ordering/refilling and review of Medication Administration Records (MARs). Purchases medically-related supplies for the program as needed. Involved in Medication Administration training process. Conducts regular reviews of MARs for compliance
•Utilizes the ORR electronic health records module to enter and upload all required medical information within required timeframes. Handles insurance pre-approvals for medical services. Complete insurance, discharge, and other medically-related paperwork. Completes the Serious Medical Procedure paperwork
About the Program:
Our shelter is well equipped to comfortably care and provide support for up to 50 youth at a time. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite. The program serves adolescent boys and girls, (11 – 17 years of age) The youth primarily arrive from Latin American countries, occasionally from other countries such as South East Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• High School diploma or equivalency.
• One year employment experience in the child welfare field working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish required.
• Basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of electronic health records.
• Must meet agency driving requirement
• Must pass criminal history background check
• Medication Administration training required within 60 days of employment and annually
• Complete and maintain required trainings (40 hours annually).
• Work at multiple ORR Program sites.
• Language testing
Starting Pay Rate:
Bilingual Medical Service Coordinator: $16.65 - $17.71
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
•Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Bilingual Medical Services Coordinator" and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Bilingual Medical Services Coordinator"
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No phone calls please
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.