Post Date: 05/04/2020
Close Date: 06/05/2020
POSITION: Clinic Health Care Business Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Services
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Clinic Business Operations and Finance
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-Time, Benefited
Reporting to the Executive Director of Clinic Business Operations and Finance, the Clinic Healthcare Business Analyst will provide application and system support and training to the clinics of UWS. Their primary function will be to evaluate data and financial operations within clinic to optimize profitability and effectiveness. Responsibilities include providing training for the Practice Management / Electronic Health Records (EHR) system and identifying workflow efficiencies within EMR. They will also provide setup, maintenance, and support of other systems used within the clinic, including a radiology information system.
• Provide one-to-one and group training on the use of clinical information systems.
• Through data analytics, define areas for improvement for clinic operations, such as operating costs and reimbursement rates.
• Ability to separate and categorize a condition into constituents, such as reducing supply costs.
• Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade clinic hardware and software.
• Manage user access controls and security permissions for clinic systems and applications.
• Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and business processes.
• Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current systems.
• Responsibilities include underwriting, preparing reports, performing healthcare data analysis and data validation within clinic.
• Perform workflow analysis to assess efficiencies and potential opportunities of improvement.
• Write and maintain system documentation.
• Document systems problems and resolutions for future reference.
• Communicate with end-users about service affecting issues and scheduled systems maintenance.
• Lead focus groups and requirements gathering discussions with faculty, staff and students.
• Maintain knowledge and familiarity of current and emerging technologies and healthcare IT best practices through reading websites, blogs, trade journals and the popular press.
REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Training & Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Health Informatics or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years professional healthcare IT experience.
• Strong experience with Epic EMR System
• Experience working in a higher education and/or healthcare environment is preferred.
• Operations background is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform job.)
• Extensive problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
• Outstanding listening skills.
• Excellent teaching and training skills.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate highly technical information to non-technical persons.
• Ability to research complex technical problems to determine the appropriate solution.
• Knowledge of Electronic Health Records and Practice Management Systems.
• Experience with health care clinic operations, billing practices and processes.
• Familiarity with HIPAA rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of information security principles and practices.
• Familiarity with relational database concepts.
• Familiarity with Crystal Reports and other reporting tools.
• Familiarity with FERPA, FCRA and other regulatory laws.
• Familiarity with higher education organizations and functions.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume and the names and contact information of three professional references.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/.
Click on the big, orange button and follow the prompts.
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: https://www.uws.edu/job/clinic-health-care-business-analyst/