Post Date: 12/06/2018
Close Date: 01/04/2019
Friends of the Children’s mission is to break the cycle of generational poverty for the highest priority youth in our community through a 12 ½ year program that emphasizes development of socio-emotional assets and the skills to succeed in post-secondary and career. We are seeking a motivated Sr. Donor Relations Officer to join our diverse team of dedicated and passionate professionals.
Friend of the Children is an innovative work environment where we strive to provide the highest quality programming as the demonstration site for excellence in mentoring for a network of chapters across the United States. We are committed to equity and inclusion across the organization and are transforming our organization through the development and implementation of a staff-driven equity action plan that is an integral part of our five year strategic plan for growth in the Portland-Metro region.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and relationship-focused individual to join our growing Development team. We offer an environment that is reflective of our values and spirit with an emphasis on shared leadership, personal autonomy and an authentic approach to long term donor relationships. The Senior Donor Relations Officer will be responsible for individual donor acquisition and stewardship. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven Development professional to build a robust donor engagement program for mid-level donors and provide input and feedback to senior leadership on overall development strategies.
If these statements and skills describe you, please apply today!
• You value the power of relationships and make them the core of your work
• You enjoy working in an organizational culture that places a higher premium on equity, diversity and inclusion
• You have a proven record of gift acquisition
• You are goal-oriented and work together with team members to achieve them
• You are highly organized and take pride in documenting donor information
• You hold yourself accountable
• You are a resourceful problem-solver, researching, collaborating, investigating to find solutions
• You are excited to work in a high-energy professional environment
Friends of the Children offers our employees an inclusive and supportive work environment that includes:
• Respect for work-life balance with flexibility in managing your daily schedule
• An emphasis on collaboration and shared leadership, where all staff are expected to participate in developing and furthering organizational goals
• Generous benefits package
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position of 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday 8:30-5pm. This position does require attendance at evening or early morning meetings or events and occasional weekend work.
Competitive salary based on experience and skillset.