Post Date: 10/02/2019
Close Date: 10/21/2019
Deadline to apply: October 21, 2019
Salary: $15.00 hourly
One paid internship opportunity available.
This internship may be appealing to someone interested in learning more about Preventive Maintenance /Inventory Control or Building Equipment Systems or Facilities Management or making a career shift into any of these fields. Metro encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds in order to foster a community of diverse life experiences and points of view.
Through this internship opportunity, you will learn about the daily functions of the Oregon Convention Center and gain experience in a variety of facilities departments. You'll learn how to use a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), assist with inventory control and preventive maintenance, and gain valuable experience working as part of a facilities team in one of the region's largest and most popular event venues.
Goals of the internship:
• Gain a robust understanding of how to fully utilize a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and be able to cross-reference equipment manufacturer's part numbers with vendor part/item numbers
• Develops and maintains CMMS procedure documentation, collaborates with Lead Engineer to assist in inventory control.
• Gain experience in creating Preventative Maintenance work orders.
• Provide input on improving the effectiveness of the overall maintenance program by suggesting innovations and participating in continuous improvement efforts.
• Learn about the daily functions of Oregon Convention Center and gain experience in each of the facilities departments. Learn the fundamentals about facilities operations and gain professional skills; learn about career paths; develop team work skills; learn computer, project management and time management skills.
• Work is performed under the guidance of the intern supervisor and will be reviewed and evaluated on a regular basis.
• The internship is tailored to the interests of the individual. More opportunities may be provided; based on the skills shown by the intern and staff capacity.
Duration: Mid December 2019 – End of May 2020
Schedule commitment: Flexible, 10 – 15 hours per week.
At the Oregon Convention Center we're passionate about cultivating diversity, advancing equity and practicing inclusion in all of the work we do. We hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• High school diploma or GED
• 1-2 years of experience in a data management, inventory control, facilities operations or material management; or any other combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of this internship.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application 2) cover letter describing why you are interested in this internship and how it aligns with your education or career goals and 3) answers to supplemental questions.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs