Post Date: 10/03/2019
Close Date: 10/15/2019
WIC Vendor Program Analyst (PA1)
Close date: 10/15/2019
Salary: $4,457 - $6,249 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Oregon WIC Program in Portland, OR is recruiting for a WIC Vendor Program Analyst to serve as a vendor management services team member to help coordinate and deliver technical assistance and monitor activities for the administration and receipt of benefits of the WIC program. This public health program is designed to improve health outcomes and influence lifetime nutrition and health behaviors in a targeted, at-risk population. Nutrition education is the cornerstone of the WIC Program.
What will you do?
As the WIC Vendor Program Analyst, you will to help coordinate and deliver technical assistance and monitor activities for individuals and groups associated with both the administration and receipt of benefits of the WIC Program by collaborating with WIC participants and authorized WIC vendors, farmers markets, and farmers participating in the state's Farm Direct Nutrition Program. You will maintain regular contact with vendors, farmers markets, and farmers both in training capacity and consistent monitoring. In this position, you must understand all WIC regulations and procedures in order to interpret them for vendors and farmers and assist with setting up systems within WIC for compliance with state and federal regulations. You will also backup the vendor trainer.
While in this position, you will serve as the vendor and farmer functional work group lead for WIC's data system (TWIST) and will respond to the vendor management services team requests for vendor and farmer data produced through TWIST, FIS/CDP and the WIC Operational Data Store (ODS). This person will also work with Office of Information Services (OIS) staff and contractor programmers for queries as necessary and participate in the development of vendor and FDNP functions within TWIST.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to provide ongoing nutritional education to benefit women, infants and children in Oregon. Do you have experience working with the WIC program? Do you have experience coordinating public health programs? Have you worked with farmers markets and grocery vendors? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
• A bachelor's degree in public health or a related field OR any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level experience related to public health program coordination.
• Knowledge of the WIC Program, WIC vendor policies and procedures, and how local WIC services are organized and delivered.
• Experience explaining governmental regulations and compliance standards to program recipients and vendors.
• Experience working within the grocery or farmers market industry.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective public speaking skills when presenting to a wide variety of audiences.
• Experience utilizing group process skills such as active listening, conflict resolution, decision making and direct communication.
• Ability to assert program rules tactfully and diplomatically yet firmly in order to establish relationships with vendors to ensure successful delivery of WIC services.
• Experience delivering, planning, and coordinating training sessions.
• Ability to difuse negativity received from unreceptive or hostile audiences.
• Experience defining program business needs for a complex data system.
• Ability to run data queries from a large database such as Microsoft Access, Toad and Crystal Reports
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the link below and complete the online application and all supplemental questions: