Post Date: 09/09/2019
Close Date: 11/25/2019
Chief Operating Officer
At Ride Connection we’re passionate about moving people. Transportation lies at the heart of equity, allowing people access to the things they need to survive and thrive. Last year we provided over half a million free rides for older adults, people with disabilities, low-income individuals, rural residents and general public. We have built and continue to develop programs that allow us to provide the best option for each individual, suited to their level of need.
We are looking for someone who has a desire to impact our ability to provide more transportation options in the community by being is a part of Ride Connection’s leadership team, as a Chief Operating Officer.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for the development and oversight of all aspects of the Service Department; including but not limited to Service Center, direct service programs and travel training. The Chief Operating Officer works independently and manages multiple projects assigned by the Chief Executive Officer pertaining to the management of the Service Department.
Ride Connection is a nonprofit agency serving a diverse population and we place a high emphasis on diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Staff and volunteers are valued for the experience and unique viewpoints they bring to the job. Excellent benefits include healthcare for employee and dependents (partial paid) with generous paid time off.
• BA degree in a related field with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
• Supervision experience with at least five years experience managing employee work assignments, work evaluation, problem resolution, motivation and development
• Project management knowledge with experience developing and managing adherence to goals, objectives, scopes-of-work and timelines
• Knowledge of policy and procedure development and implementation
• Demonstrated training skills, comfortable leading groups of people, speaking in front of people, group facilitation skills and effective speaking skills
• Knowledge of project planning and report presentation
• Knowledge of Federal and Oregon rules and statutes pertaining to programs receiving government funding for transportation helpful
• Ability to speak other languages, in addition to English
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities
• Experience and passion working for a Non-Profit organization
To apply, visit www.rideconnection.org/about-us/careers for an application and full job description. Please submit your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation is $78,000 to $100,000 per year. . Position is open until filled.
Ride Connection shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ride Connection take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Complete details: https://rideconnection.org/about-us/careers