Post Date: 04/11/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Central City Concern’s (CCC) Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
CCC is hiring employees to help lift this project to national prominence. Known for innovative programming already, CCC now moves toward a first-of-its-kind operating model (including key changes such as centralized intake and integrated care teams) in a more diverse community and a landscape of new potential community partners. About 40 percent of East Portland’s population are immigrants and from communities of color. We strive to be a true reflection of the community and design our services and teams to achieve a culturally responsive place for our clients.
Our innovative, comprehensive services focuses on the whole person and their well-being. Our guiding principles drive this work to be:
integrated; in collaboration with community partners
focused on diversity, equity and inclusion; and
sustainable for long-term success.
Join us in this innovative and impactful work! CCC values lived experience and multilingual individuals in its hiring practices. Training and advancement opportunities are embedded in our culture and staff members support one another in their professional endeavors.
TITLE: Blackburn Front Desk Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Blackburn Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Client Access Services
SALARY: $20.67-$22.74 Hourly
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that will offer integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
This position will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team at the Blackburn Center to deliver comprehensive, person-centered, integrated services to the Portland Eastside community.
The Front Desk Supervisor will be responsible for direct oversight of the front desk staff of the Blackburn Center; ensuring that all roles and responsibilities are executed. Direct reports include Receptionists, Registration Specialist and Urine Drug Screen Technicians. The Front Desk Supervisor serves as a role model and mentor for the front desk staff to ensure that all roles and responsibilities are carried out as per protocol and in a trauma informed fashion.
This supervisor will be responsible for recruitment and retention of front desk staff. They will be responsible for performance reviews, department meetings, staff trainings, coaching and corrective actions, when necessary, as well as approving time cards within Ultipro, vacations and time off. This position will work closely with the Director of Client Access Services to ensure adequate staffing and effective processes are in place and participate in quality improvement measures.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in health or social service related field of study preferred.
3. Experience in both medical and behavioral health settings preferred.
4. Bilingual proficiency preferred.
5. 2+ year supervisory experience.
6. 1+ year recent experience in scheduling in medical software systems.
7. 1+ year recent experience working in electronic medical record systems.
8. Must have excellent knowledge of electronic medical records, releases and filing procedures.
9. Experience working with Centricity, Fax Com and Document Manager preferred.
10. Perform confidently with computer software.
11. Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
12. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift
heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
13. If a recovering chemical dependent person, a minimum of two years sobriety is required.
14. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
15. Must adhere to agency’s policy of non-discrimination.
16. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations, treating each individual with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs