Post Date: 10/07/2019
Close Date: 10/21/2019
This Job Posting closes at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Monday, October 21, 2019.
This recruitment is being used to fill multiple vacancies for multiple locations. All positions work 32 hours/week (considered Part Time) and receive full benefits.
Hourly Salary Range: $19.111707 - $24.174415
Positions are .80 FTE, working 32 hours per week
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package for employees in regular status positions.
This is a part time County position represented by the Employees' Association.
This position is considered Part Time, working 32 hours per week. Although considered Part Time, you are eligible for full-time benefits.
What We Offer:
• 12 Hours Vacation & 8 Hours Sick Monthly (prorated for less than 1.0 FTE) (this position is .80 FTE)
• 9 Paid Holidays and 1 Personal Holiday per year
• Medical/Vision/Prescription/Alternative Care (Option of three medical plans)
• Dental (Option of four dental plans)
• Life Insurance County (County paid Group Term Life)
• Disability Insurance (County paid Disability)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Deferred Compensation Section 457 Retirement plan
• PERS/OPSRP Retirement plans (County pays 6% employee contribution!)
• Additional benefit plans include: Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Group Universal Life, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Short Term and Long Term Disability Buy-up, Long Term Care, Pre-paid legal and AFLAC.
Clackamas County's Health Centers Division has come exciting opportunities with the future opening of our Gladstone and Sandy Dental Clinics. We are currently looking to fill multiple vacancies with passionate Expanded Function Dental Assistants. These new team members will assist dentists and dental hygienists in providing dental services and education to improve the oral health of the community. Our focus is our community and we are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team!
We are expanding dental services to reach more of the community!
There are currently two dental clinics located at the Sunnyside Health Center in Clackamas, OR and the other at the Beavercreek Health Center in Oregon City, OR. New dental services and clinics will be opening in both Gladstone, OR and Sandy, OR. These new sites will offer patients comprehensive, integrated healthcare including primary care, behavioral health, and dental care services. The Gladstone Dental Clinic will focus on people 0-18 years old and the Sandy Dental Clinic will serve persons of all ages. All clinics are Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), serving ethnically and socioeconomically diverse populations. We are looking to fill vacancies for two (2) EFDAs at each location (Gladstone & Sandy).
EFDAs offer team support in the area of infection control, and other duties necessary to provide coordinated services for patients. EFDAs may be assigned duties to perform necessary clerical and technical support functions required to improve the quality of delivery to clients. EFDAs assist dentists in the repair, maintenance and examination of teeth and gums of health clinic patients and assist in the overall instruction regarding proper oral hygiene techniques and practices. In addition, EFDAs provide coordination of volunteer dentists and dental hygienists and perform clerical duties such as maintaining dental records, scheduling appointments, maintaining adequate supplies and referring patients to other medical and dental assistance programs.
The ideal candidates will be team players with positive attitudes, personable, professional, motivated, highly-skilled, have integrity, and are dependable. We are looking for detail and people oriented individuals who have a strong ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Possession of an appropriate and valid certificate of Expanded Function Dental Assistant as provided in OAR 818-042-0080, including a certification of radiologic proficiency, issued by the Oregon State Board of Dental Examiners
• Successful completion of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, or other course of instruction approved by the Board, is a prerequisite for performing the application of pit and fissure sealants, as provided in OAR 818-042-0090
• Strong organizational and detail orientation skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Must possess and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. Learn more about the County's drug testing policy .
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. Learn more about the County's driving policy
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• One or more years of experience working as an EFDA
• Two or more years of experience dental assisting
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran’s Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Greets and instructs patient on visit process, prepares patient by interviewing for problems and assessing oral health education needs, and delivers oral health education as directed by the dentist and hygienist.
2. Cleans, sterilizes, and maintains all dental instruments, set-ups, and equipment following Center for Disease Control and OSHA guidelines; ensures that the dental office and clinic rooms are orderly and clean; and orders, checks, and stores supplies.
3. Takes appropriate and diagnostic dental radiographs.
4. Initiates and maintains dental records and files; records information on charts as directed by dentists and hygienists.
5. Performs expanded function duties as allowed by the Oregon Board of Dentistry, that may include: polish coronal surfaces with brush or cup as directed by a dentist or dental hygienist, remove temporary crowns, preliminarily fit crowns, place temporary restorative materials, place and remove matrix retainers for alloy and composite restorations, polish amalgam restorations with a slow speed hand piece, remove excess supra-gingival cement, fabricate temporary crowns, and perform any other functions permitted under OAR 818-042-0070 as directed and approved by a licensed dentist. EFDA certified dental assistants with completed course work may place sealants under direct or indirect supervision provided the patient has been examined by a dentist as well as apply temporary soft relines to full dentures.
6. Provides chairside assistance to dentists and dental hygienists in limited oral surgery, operative and hygiene procedures; locates and passes dental instruments used in procedures, and mixes amalgam and synthetic filling materials.
7. Plans and notifies dentists of the clinic schedule; maintains a list of dentists, programs and facilities who will accept emergency referrals; acts as liaison between dental clinics and other services of County health program.
8. Screens phone calls, walk-in patients and referred patients for eligibility for services; schedules clients to appropriate dentists according to need and urgency; makes reminder phone calls; makes outreach phone calls; and refers patients to medical and dental assistance programs or to area dentists.
Working Knowledge of: Apply the techniques of expanded duty dental assisting; standard office procedures, techniques and equipment; x-ray techniques;materials, instruments and tools used in the field of dentistry and oral hygiene; dental record documentation processes; appropriate cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing techniques, dental terminology and routine practices, procedures, and techniques of preventative dentistry and oral hygiene; basic math; English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation, both orally and in writing.
Some Knowledge of: Oral anatomy; nutrition as it relates to oral hygiene; public health and community health principles, concepts and practices; HIPPA guidelines.
Skill to: Operate and maintain dental equipment and supplies;operate, maintain and test various laboratory equipment; operate x-ray equipment and process film; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in a courteous and professional manner with patients of different ages and socioeconomic backgrounds; instruct patients in the techniques, practices and methods of promoting and maintaining good oral hygiene; implement standard office procedures and use modern office equipment effectively; maintain and sterilize dental instruments and equipment; establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, other health care professionals and patients; maintain strict patient confidentiality as outlined in HIPAA guidelines.
These positions will work a four (4) day work week / eight (8) hours per day. Specific work schedule (hours/days) will be discussed at the time an offer of employment is extended.
The new Dental Clinics will be open Monday - Friday and located in Sandy, OR and Gladstone, OR.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 400,000 citizens.
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
Complete details: https://www.clackamas.us/des/jobs.html