Post Date: 04/11/2019
Close Date: 04/21/2019
Salary: $2,800 - $4,016
Close date: 4/21/2019
Agency: Oregon Health Authority Public Health Division
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Oregon State Public Health Laboratory (OSPHL) in Hillsboro, OR is recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Technician 1 to support all programs and functions in the Laboratory Operations section of the Oregon State Public Health Laboratory. The Oregon State Public Health Laboratory supports state and local infectious disease control efforts, works to prevent metabolic disorders detectable at birth, and assures the quality of testing in clinical and environmental laboratories.
What will you do?
As a Medical Laboratory Technician, you will provide specimen receiving, data entry, kit preparation, medical waste decontamination (autoclaving), and other laboratory support services in the Laboratory Operations section of the Public Health Laboratory. You will receive and data enter test specimens, prepare and ship test collection kits, prepare and ship infectious and diagnostic samples, review reports, process mail, and proof and correct patient data.
What's in it for you?
Do you have experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician or Laboratory Assistant? Are you detail oriented, with excellent customer service skills? Do you have proficient computer skills? Then this may be the job for you!
What are we looking for?
• Minimum one year of “technical trainee” experience as a laboratory assistant in a medical laboratory or completion of a certified laboratory assistant training program.
• Prior clinical laboratory experience preferred
• Data entry skills, preferably with confidential patient information
• Ability to work well with diverse personalities
• Outstanding client/customer service and phone skills
• Experience or training in specimen receiving (handling infectious materials, racking, courier interactions, etc.)
• Experience or training in autoclave use
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the “Apply” link below and complete the online application and all supplemental questions.