Post Date: 04/29/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
Cascadia has multiple Registered Nurse (RN) positions available in different programs. Our programs are located at various sites in NE & SE Portland; Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington county.
Shifts available are full time, part time, and float positions that work at various sites to meet a certain number of work hours per week. Additionally, we have on-call positions available.
Under general direction, the Registered Nurse (RN) for Secure Residential coordinates the provisions of treatment for the shift and implements medical interventions. The RN assumes responsibility for treatment decisions in keeping with RN licensure provisions and renders care prescribed by physicians and nurse practitioners, while supporting a trauma-informed care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the RN understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve.
- Secure RNs: An active, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse License and CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Primary Care/Health Center RNs: Must be certified as a QMHA: Have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or behavioral health degree from an accredited college or university
- Primary Care/Health Center RNs: Or Associates Degree in Nursing with an additional one year of full time work experience in mental health.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Knowledge of the kinds of medical conditions most commonly encountered by people with a severe and persistent mental illness and an understanding of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivered
- Motivational Interviewing
- Ability to maintain a trauma informed care environment
- Operate Computer hardware and software (Including Electronic Health Record Software) at a level to effectively perform the job functions, including entering and retrieving data.
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed. RN Float positions will require that the employee Possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course. All other RN positions do not require this.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org