Post Date: 08/22/2019
Close Date: 09/22/2019
OCHIN is currently looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join our team!
Who is OCHIN?
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon. OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all its employees.
The Data Conversion Specialist supports OCHIN’s mission by helping our new members extract data from their previous EHR and ancillary healthcare IT systems, transform the data into new formats, and then import the data into OCHIN’s Epic system. In addition to performing this technical work, the Data Conversion Specialist also uses their interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to work with various internal and external stakeholders and to drive each project toward completion. You'll be part of a team that will travel to some of our clinic membership sites and support the conversion of the data from their current EHR over to OCHIN's Epic system.
Outcomes for Success
* Performing data conversions including extracting healthcare data from non-Epic EHR systems, performing transformations upon the data, and importing it into OCHIN Epic;
* Analyzing healthcare data in HL7, CDA, CSV, and SQL formats for extraction, transformation, and import;
* Facilitating meetings with multiple internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, identify data conversion needs, provide ongoing updates, and ensure high customer satisfaction;
* Develop technical and business process documentation for data conversions;
* Approach the work as a Technical Analyst on data conversion projects and be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
* Provide quality assurance on data conversion work;
* Coming up with brilliant solutions to analytical challenges;
* The ability to travel to Clinic locations across the U.S. on an as needed basis to meet with clients, understand their Data Conversion needs, and support the conversion work;
* Participate in shaping and growing OCHIN’s nascent Data Conversion product line
* Participate in internal process improvement projects;
* Participate in informal internal training as part of ongoing team improvement;
* Assist with additional Interface projects as assigned;
* Performed other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, or similar field. Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience may meet this requirement.
* 2+ years of experience working with healthcare data;
* 2+ years of experience working with EHRs/EMRs;
* Knowledge of data transformations from any industry;
* Working knowledge of the HL7 standard;
* Exposure to Mirth or another interface engine;
* Troubleshooting and documenting skills;
* Able to learn in a self-directed, fast paced, rapidly-changing environment.
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.