Post Date: 06/10/2019
Close Date: 06/16/2019
POSITION TITLE: COMMUNITY RESOURCE ADVOCATE
DEPARTMENT: HOUSING & HOMELESS SERVICES
OPEN DATE: JUNE 3, 2019
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY CONNECT COORDINATOR
CLOSE DATE: JUNE 16, 2019
WORK LOCATION: HILLSBORO, OR
HIRING RANGE:* $14.08-15.49 HOURLY
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
POSITION STATUS: REGULAR FULL-TIME (RFT)
FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.00
WORK HOURS PER WEEK: 40
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
MONTHS ACTIVE: YEAR-ROUND
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: 0
Under Oregon statute, after July 1, 1996, an offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the results of criminal offender information record check, and possibly fingerprinting, conducted on applicants for employment in early childhood services agencies. Applicants who have been convicted of certain offenses or who refuse to consent to such background checks will not be hired for this position. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Continuation of all positions is contingent upon future funding.
*Note on Hiring Range:
For applicants with extensive qualifications and/or years of experience, the new hire maximum rate may be exceeded with the approval of the Director of Human Resources and the Executive Director. If approval is granted, it will be based upon careful review of the applicant’s qualifications, experience, internal equity and budgetary considerations. The final rate approved will typically never be at a rate equal to or above the established market rate for the position.
In support of the Agency’s mission, this position is responsible for conducting housing assessments for homeless or at risk households. This involves conducting comprehensive housing assessments, gathering required documentation, and providing direct referrals to a variety of Washington County housing programs. Assessments and referrals take place in accordance with the policies and procedures of the countywide centralized assessment system. This position must accurately enter information into statewide client databases and provide additional referrals as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Conduct face-to-face comprehensive housing assessments for households who are literally homeless, or at imminent risk of becoming homeless.
• Determine eligibility and initiate referrals to a variety of Washington County housing programs in accordance with the policies and procedures of the countywide centralized assessment system.
• Accurately enter information into countywide client database in order to capture required statistical information.
• Collect and upload required client documentation into countrywide client database.
• As appropriate, provide general information pertaining to other Community Action programs.
• Consistently maintain clean and orderly work space to ensure healthy, high quality interactions with clients, preserving confidentiality and maintaining efficiencies in operations.
• Strictly adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times and respond/correct any at-risk safety issues immediately.
• Strictly adhere to agency code of ethics and standards of workplace behavior.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs including regular and reliable attendance and adherence to all company workplace behavior standards.
Marginal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Participate in special projects and data collection to enhance program planning and delivery.
• Keep informed about availability and current status of social service programs serving Washington County residents. Make client referrals as needed and coordinate with other team members to produce resource information.
• Other marginal functions and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six months related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience completing data entry with a high degree of accuracy.
• Experience interviewing clients and assessing needs, providing appropriate information and referrals, and advocating on behalf of clients.
• Experience coordinating with other professionals and social service agencies.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Bilingual Spanish/English, oral and written.
• Associate’s Degree or higher in Social Services or directly related field.
• Knowledge of Washington County community resources.
• Experience with computer databases.
Required Licensing or Other Special Certifications:
Required Physical Demands of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work is performed in normal office environment.
• Constant exposure to computer and keyboard with extensive phone use.
• In normal work day, may stand/walk __2__ hrs/day; may sit _5.5_ hrs/day; may drive _1/2_ hrs/day; may use hands for repetitive grasping, pushing and pulling, typing and fine manipulation _4.5_ hrs/day; may use hands at or above shoulder level for _1_ hrs/day.
• In normal work day, may bend, squat, and/or climb frequently.
• Work is light in nature, lifting maximum of 20 lbs with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
• May require walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arms and/or leg controls.
How to Apply for this Position:
To be considered we must receive a completed Community Action Employment Application form. You are welcome to also include a cover letter and resume at your option. Transcripts may be required for certain positions. Applications can be completed on our website: www.caowash.org or you can print off the application to complete or pick up the application form at either of our following locations:
Hillsboro – 1001 SW Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123
Beaverton – 5050 SW Griffith Dr, Suite 101, Beaverton OR 97005
Be sure to submit your application in a timely manner. If you choose not to complete an online application, you can send your completed application form, optional resume and cover letter and any other required documents via fax at 503.357.6057. If you prefer to mail your application be sure to mail attention Human Resources at the Hillsboro office address above.
All application submissions will be acknowledged with a receipt notification. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.
All current Community Action employees are encouraged to apply for openings at Community Action which they are interested in. For current employees, some qualifications may be met by an equivalent combination or education and experience at the discretion of the employer.
Benefits: All regular full-time (RFT) status positions of 0.50 full-time equivalent or higher are eligible for our outstanding benefits package including:
• Generous paid sick and vacation time
• 12 0bserved holidays
• Medical, vision and dental insurance
• Free life and long term disability insurance
• Medex travel assistance
• Employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Rich and diverse mission-based working environment
COMMUNITY ACTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Community Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Complete details: https://caowash.applicantpro.com/jobs/1099778.html