Post Date: 07/02/2019
Close Date: 07/14/2019
Washington County seeks to attract a qualified group of candidates who represent the rich diversity we have in our communities for career opportunities that will open during the next six months. Come lead with us!
Our Bilingual English/Spanish Administrative Specialist II (AS II) team members are responsible for providing a variety of administrative, clerical, and project-related support. AS II's use independent judgment in content and style and have considerable public contact in explaining policies and procedures. These positions provide support that requires the ability to learn the procedures and operating details of the applicable work unit. Incumbents prepare correspondence and other documents using Microsoft Office Suite software or equivalent, perform data entry in a wide variety of databases, and process documents using considerable responsible judgment. Please visit our homepage to explore the different departments and offices that comprise our local government agency, Washington County.
This position requires knowledge of the Spanish language. Successful candidates will possess the ability to speak, read, write, and translate Spanish into English and English into Spanish. An additional $55/per pay period for bi-lingual skills will be paid to qualified employees. Pay periods are every two weeks.
The majority of AS II positions have a schedule of Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–5:00 pm. However, we also have part time and temporary vacancies available during those hours.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; AND
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience providing administrative or clerical support.
- Possession of Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or other applicable certifications may substitute for up to one (1) year of the experience requirement.
Additional Specialty Requirements:
- Bilingual positions will require the ability to speak, read, write, and translate Spanish into English and English into Spanish.
- Some positions may be required to pass a criminal background check.
- Some positions may require you to be a U.S. citizen or non-citizen U.S. national.
- Some positions may be required to possess of a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record per Washington County policy.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at: www.washcojobs.org. This posting will close on Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.”
Complete details: http://www.washcojobs.org