Post Date: 02/22/2019
Close Date: 03/22/2019
Salary: $62,320 - $90,363 annually
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced environment where something new awaits with each event? If so, the Oregon Convention Center welcomes your enthusiasm to join our team. From multi-day conferences and conventions, to consumer shows and fundraising galas, this is an opportunity to work in a fun and exciting venue amongst one of the best events teams in the industry. We're looking for an experienced events professional who has a positive, team first attitude, is highly organized, has experience in managing event, customer service and front line staff, and can easily juggle planning multiple events at once making what we do look effortless.
This position plans, manages and coordinates all aspects of event services activities under the direction of the Director of Events and Guest Services for events held at the Oregon Convention Center. In this role you will directly supervise event managers and coordinate and oversee services provided for assigned events. These events include consumer shows, trade shows, conventions, performances, lectures, seminars, receptions, meetings, etc. You will also ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, programs and services and liaise with clients, promoters, staff and the general public.
At the Oregon Convention Center, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience in event management for a public assembly facility/larger hotel, and
• two (2) years of supervisor or lead experience and
• Bachelor's degree with major coursework in public relations, marketing, business administration, communications or a related field
• an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties may be considered.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification required at time of hire or obtained within the first 90 days of employment.
• Possession of CMP, CVP, or similar industry certification at time of hire or obtained within the first year of employment
• Additional experience sought include venue and event management experience, supervising and working with members of a labor union and with volunteers and overseeing database for scheduling personnel.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.