Post Date: 10/14/2019
Close Date: 11/11/2019
A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her
services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
This position reviews and approves documents and resident files prepared by the Property Manager, related to housing admissions and annual and interim (re)certifications to ensure compliance of all HUD and Tax Credit rules and regulations. Also ensures compliance with HOME projects relating to resident admissions, proper use of documents, maintaining unit assignments and annual HOME inspections.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Provides oversight and direction to Property Managers to ensure appropriate paperwork, resident files and records are in compliance with HUD, the IRS and Section 8 requirements. Ensures initial, annual and interim (re)certifications are conducted by the Building Manager in a timely and accurate manner. Completes and submits reports, forms and other paperwork as required.
• Obtains new annual income guidelines from HUD and provides to organization; updates all documents referencing annual median income guidelines; stays current on changing rules and regulations.
• Prepares data for timely submission of required reports to various governing agencies including (City, State and Federal).
• Attends all resident file tax credit compliance and management review audits conducted by City, State and Federal agencies; ensures timely responses to City, State and Federal audits.
• Stays current with compliance issues; keeps Community Managers updated to changes in applicable compliance rules/regulations.
• Responsible for document organization, record keeping, reporting and communication.
and record keeping; reporting and communication.
• Maintains contact with various regulatory agencies and staff.
• EIV user for all relevant properties.
• Reviews HUD processes of billing and certification for accuracy. Performs data transmission in Property
• Reviews waitlist at compliance file review for MI & transfer.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Review set-aside at compliance file review.
• Operates from established and well known procedures. Decisions are made within organization operating guidelines.
• Performs duties independently with minimal supervision.
• Position involves a moderate degree of complexity in dealing with recurring work situations, with occasional variations from the norm.
• Work is periodically reviewed by supervisor and verified by 3rd party audits and reviews.
• Position is not supervisory in nature.
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Specific Job Skills:
• Excellent working knowledge of HUD and Tax Credit compliance regulations.
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of property management including applicable landlord/tenant and fair housing rules and regulations.
• Excellent working knowledge of relevant computer programs, such as MS Office 365.
• Working knowledge of Smartphone technology including phone calls, calendar, email and text.
• Understanding waitlist processes and procedures
• Ability to work effectively with all types of people. Basic math, attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education or equivalent.
• Three to five years related experience required.
• Certified Occupancy Specialist and Tax Credit Compliance Specialist Certification required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May require some evening meetings.
Confidentiality is of the utmost importance with resident data.
• May be required to deal with distraught, angry and/or potentially violent people.
• Requires long periods of sitting and close CRT work.
• Driving between properties required; must have a dependable car, valid driver’s license and proof
of liability insurance.
• Regular attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly.
The duties of the job are primarily performed in an office environment. There is some exposure to noise in the work environment, which is usually mild to moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Complete details: https://reachcdc.org/reach/careers