Post Date: 12/19/2018
Close Date: 01/15/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent, classified Program Assistant responsible for assisting the Instructional Design (ID) team by coordinating ID program elements and activities related to supporting faculty as they produce and deliver quality online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses. This position reports to the Senior Instructional Designer. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The typical hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 8-5 with some evening and weekend hours required.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with and provide support for the Senior Instructional Designer and Instructional Design team members to organize all program materials, coordinate all program activities, and organize and promote program operations.
• Prepare materials for, and coordinate arrangements and space for program activities, events and meetings. Maintain and surface clean lab computers, laptops, headset/mics, and other equipment as appropriate.
• Serve as ID contact to faculty and staff; provide written and verbal information regarding ID program, activities, policies, procedures, and operations, promoting the program. Create and edit promotional brochures, program catalog, promo emails, and Web site. Edit materials for accuracy, appearance, readability, and style.
• Collaborate on and maintain desk manuals for all program positions.
• Serve as resource person for program-related background and operations; interpret statistical data, historical activity reports, and other materials for the ID program. May make college presentations related to program specialty.
• Accurately perform complex word processing, spreadsheet, and database software tasks; use database to develop and maintain tables, forms, and reports for ID tracking records system.
• Maintain and monitor budget, records, files, and reports, and inform supervisor of status; order, receive, and maintain inventory; process and track personnel action forms (PAFs), purchase requisitions, and travel requests.
• Monitor program activities in relation to established program goals; within established program parameters, determine variance from program standards.
• Perform complex scheduling of workshops, institutes, meetings, and other program activities, incorporating the prioritization of needs of program clients and availability of facilitators.
• Work collaboratively with the Teaching and Learning Center to facilitate excellence in teaching and learning with technology in the online environment.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
• Experience: one-year experience in business administration work and supporting teams with program or project work.
• Working Knowledge and Skills: Proficiency with Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems; accuracy and proofreading skills and attention to detail; advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, and email/calendar skills; accurate data entry and use of database; Microsoft Access database form and report development an asset. Mastery navigating the Internet.
• Organizational Skills: Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, set and meet deadlines, tracking and following-through on workflow, and effectively contribute to a harmonious team environment.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; effectively communicate with diverse individuals and groups. Experience providing customer service to people of diverse abilities, as well as diverse socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
• Demonstrated commitment to Equity and Inclusion.
• One year work experience in higher education.
• General knowledge of Clark College.
• Some experience with online and hybrid education; familiar with the use of instructional technology for teaching.
• Technical writing, Web site maintenance, computer graphic design and production.
• Canvas shell design, development, and maintenance.
• Evidence of commitment to continued professional development.
• Demonstrated Proficiency in acquiring expertise with unfamiliar software and computer tools, such as EventBrite, ProcurePlus, SMS/CTCLink, 25Live, Enrollment Management Database, Canvas LMS, various WA state system software, and others.
• Problem Solving Skills: Uses intelligence, common sense, and tenacity to troubleshoot and solve difficult or complicated challenges.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability and willingness to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with coworkers.
• Evening, weekends, and alternate site (e.g., Columbia Tech Center (CTC) and Washington State University-Vancouver (WSUV) visits as necessary.
• Work to provide and promote quality and high level of customer services.
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs., bend, stoop and crawl.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $2,761/month Range: 37 Code: 107N
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., January 15, 2019.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
December 19, 2018
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php