Post Date: 07/03/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Substance Use Services Program Coordinator
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: PC-445
Program: Portland Outpatient Services
Morrison is seeking to hire a Substance Use Services Coordinator who is CADC II certified. This position facilitates the development and implementation of substance use services for the Outpatient division as well as providing direct clinical services to clients with substance use disorders. The Substance Use Services Program Coordinator participates in the on-going evaluation of the Substance Use Services Program including the review of internal and external agency policies and protocols. This position also provides group/individual consultation, training, and CADC supervision.
The ideal candidate will understand and apply DSM V Diagnostic Criteria pertinent to substance use disorders. In addition, they’ll have knowledge of developmental needs of children and adolescents from birth to 18 years of age. Knowledge of individual, family and group treatment strategies, including traditional and non-traditional treatment/service modalities is crucial. The position requires strong communications skills, as well as diplomacy, and tact, as the Substance Use Services Coordinator will need to collaborate with local mental health community partners such as Coordinated Care Organizations, Department of Human Services, Wraparound facilitators, school districts, hospitals, and other providers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Facilitates the development and implementation of a Substance Use Services Program for the Outpatient services division.
• Conducts formal AOD assessments to include recommendations for level of care as necessary.
• Facilitates group supervision of Integrated clinicians.
• Provides consultation and/or training to clinicians providing substance use services as well as all of Morrison Outpatient clinicians and managers/supervisors.
• May provide services, in part, to adolescents with substance abuse disorders, including co-leading treatment groups.
• Provides case coordination with or referral to community resources including DHS, social service providers, physicians, schools, and other agencies or professionals when necessary. Refer to appropriate/ necessary services as appropriate.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• CADC II or higher required
• Minimum two years working with youth with substance use disorders
• One or more years of experience coordinating, managing, or developing programs
• Basic computer skills using spreadsheets, word processing, emails and databases
• Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field, preferred but not required
• Personal transportation allowing for frequent, regular travel within the Portland metropolitan area in a timely manner is required. A copy of a valid driver’s license for state of residency, proof of personal auto liability coverage must be provided, and driving record meeting corporate driving requirements is required. Personal auto liability coverage at $100,000/$100,000 level is required and must be maintained.
• Requires flexible schedule and work hours. May require evening work or hours in excess of routine schedule in order to assure optimal program operations and service delivery.
• Must pass criminal history check.
Starting Pay Range:
Substance Use Services Coordinator-QMHA level: $19.90 - $20.37
Substance Use Services Coordinator-QMHP level: $ 25.20 - $25.81
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve
Click here to apply: APPLY NOW!
***If viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor please go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Substance Use Services Program Coordinator” and click: “Apply For Job”
Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/substance-use-services-coordinator/