Post Date: 02/06/2020
Close Date: 03/06/2020
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR I or II
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, located at a residential treatment facility in Oregon City, OR. The schedule is Monday through Friday, swing shift 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
Under close supervision, the Residential Counselor works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment for residents within the residential facility. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately transitioning to a less restrictive setting.
- The Residential Counselor I must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- The Residential Counselor II must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of full time professional experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. The job incumbent must demonstrate the competencies as outlined in OAR 309-016-0005 to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA).
- Some work experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness is preferred.
- Operate Computer hardware and software (Including Electronic Health Record Software) at a level to effectively perform the job functions, including entering and retrieving data.
- Work may include the use of company provided transportation in order to transport clients; thus it is preferred that the incumbent possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course (Overnight shift is an exception based on program needs).
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position