Post Date: 12/27/2019
Close Date: 01/17/2020
Position Profile: Director of Exhibit Production
$68,000 - $78,000 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning, and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums, a world-class tourist attraction, and an educational resource that reaches over 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region.
OMSI takes pride in its deeply rooted history of researching, designing, and fabricating museum exhibits that educate, engage, and delight audiences: we are dedicated to impacting and inspiring the next generation of STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art & Math) innovators. Our expertise is grounded in research as we design concepts, test prototypes, and produce quality products that are distributed to a nationwide market. OMSI’s culture and high brand favorability positions the organization as a valuable asset to Oregon as well as other communities across the country. We are committed to ensuring our exhibit development processes and products incorporate and address the needs of OMSI’s diverse audiences.
The Director of Exhibit Production leads all aspects of the production process to successfully deliver exhibits for OMSI, OMSI’s Traveling Exhibits program, and external clients. Responsibilities include managing a talented team of fabricators, designers, and engineers—by overseeing estimates, developing and managing all aspects of prototyping and first articles, valuing engineering designs, overseeing in-shop and third party fabrication, quality control, purchasing of materials and services, processes and procedures, and fabrication budget. This position collaborates closely with creative design to execute design/build projects and engages in long-term strategic planning for the Exhibits division. In addition, this role participates in the development of strategic partnerships for production capacity and the implementation of LEAN processes to improve productivity and deliver projects on time and within budget.
• Thorough knowledge of two- and three-dimensional design, including CAD, RHINO, SKP
• Thorough knowledge of exhibit construction techniques, materials, production processes, and practices
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and develop high performance organizations
• A history of successful cost reduction and product margin improvement
• Ability to analyze and utilize data to make sound business decisions.
• Expertise in business and management principles involving strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, coordination of people and resources in a manufacturing environment
• Advanced knowledge of LEAN principles
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field with experience in a production environment
• Minimum 4 years of progressive management, including staff supervision and budget responsibility
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as a criminal background check and reference checks
• Competitive health benefits
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/403087.html
Position closes January 17, 2020.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position